Chatted with 4 reps... 4 different answers... GRRRR!

streetmike

Reaction score
:icon_cussing::icon_cussing::icon_cussing:

Ok a little about my plan.
Family plan 750 minutes, unlimited text. $155 a month (discount)
Line 1: Dumb Phone
Line 2: Razr Maxx with 4gb promo
Line 3: Razr Maxx with unlimited

So we upgrade eligilbe right now, although contract ends in December. Line 2 is most likely going to be gone as she just got married. Line 1 wants a smart phone now too.

Rep 1:
Says I can use the Verizon Max plan and buy the 6gb for $30 or 8gb for $50 data package and that can be shared (just like the share anything, but cheaper). Makes no mention of Edge or anything. Ok, Cool. Not too bad. After I was done I thought of a couple more questions so I chatted with...

Rep 2:
He was an :censored:. From the moment I started he was very confrontational. He asked about me using Wifi to save data. I told him thats not an option where I work because Android devices are not allowed on the network due to "security issues". Only Apple and Windows. He then laughed, said a few other things and made snide remarks and condensing answers to everything I asked. I lost it on that dude. So onto....

Rep 3:
He stated rep 1 was wrong that Max isn't shareable. But I could upgrade the account as is and just switch the unlimited to 6gb. I asked him about the 4gb data and he looked it up and confirmed that it would stay. Again no mention of Edge. So I was thinking the rest of the day and Just chatted with...

Rep 4:
So I asked her if I can transfer the number of line 1 (dumb) to line 2 and upgrade. Basically allowing her to keep her number and getting that 4gb data. She said no. Once you upgrade you loose that 4gb!!! I told her about the other reps. She stated both are wrong and that the Max requires Edge. At this point I express my frustration in VZW and how every rep can stated something different. She told me "I could trust her, She is telling the truth".... yea, that's not going to happen.

All I want is some straight info (and the LG G2 :)) on whats going on. Can anyone verify what they said with their experience or words of advise?

Thanks
Mike

Al Neri

Reaction score
I have come to the conclusion that none of them know anything. A week before I got my Bionic I had a rep tell me the Bionic had been scrapped.

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
Rep #4 is the best answer. Rep #3 is accurate with the exception of the Edge omission. Based on what you're saying, here is what I know:

Line #2. If you let your daughter's plan then you lose the 4gb data. She can take it with her to her own plan but there is nothing you can do about it.
Line #3. VZW wants you off unlimited so they are making it temporarily attractive with the Max plan and offering 6gb for $30. You cannot share it with anyone. The idea is to get you back to a shared, subsidized plan. You have to decide if it is worth it to you. As far as my family is concerned, we decided that either we keep the unlimited and pay full price or go fully subsidized. The Max/Edge plan is not worth it.
Line #1. You are starting from scratch. You will have to pick what is best for you. But it will be completely stand alone unless you come off unlimited on line #3.