1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Changing Battery Issue

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid' started by Treat76, Dec 10, 2009.

1. Treat76

Treat76 New Member

I bought a second battery and external battery charger for my Droid, but I've discovered that when I change batteries I have to actually plug the phone in for it to start back up - i.e. if I insert a fully charged battery, the phone won't turn on until I plug it in for a few seconds. Is this normal/by design? Same thing happens any time the battery comes out and it's really irritating - I actually just dropped the phone and the battery popped out, and now my droid won't turn on until I go home and plug it in for a second.
  2. droid13

droid13 New Member

i can take my battery out and put it back with no issues. powers up right away without having to be plugged in
  3. ptfd13

ptfd13 New Member

I too bought an extra battery and an external charger and had the same problem only the first time though. I took the charged battery out of the charger and put it in my droid and a message came on the screen saying: Battery good, please connect USB cable. I plugged in the cable and now things work perfectly everytime I plug in a charged battery.
  4. mrschmitz

mrschmitz New Member

I've noticed you have to hold the power button down for a second or two for it power up. Perhaps you aren't doing that?
Search tags for this page

putting a battery in the motorola android