Changes I've noticed with Gingerbread and Sense 2.1

Beardface

Reaction score
OK... on the surface, not too many changes... then you start using the programs...

Notification bar - when you pull it down, you have the option for quick settings... I really like that... Simple, yet useful
App Drawer - the page by page is annoying. Do not like that, but being able to sort by most used, downloaded, and Verizon... yeah, that's a nice little touch
Incoming Call screen - I absolutely love the redesign of the answer/ignore bar. Looks classy
Google Talk - The new design... I really like it. Option to voice chat, video chat, or type. Yeah, thats pretty nice, and the way they integrated it is pretty cool.

Anyone else notice any subtle changes?

jseah

Reaction score
I haven't warmed up to the page by page app drawer either. I have the sort options of all, most used, and downloaded, but do not have the Verizon option. My wife's Thunderbolt has the Verizon option. Not sure why though. Take a look at your "what's been using your battery" page. The top bar of the page acts as a battery gauge, showing the remaining battery life. At first I thought they screwed up the page graphic because it showed a slight slope, but now as my battery discharges more, it clearly shows as a battery level. And just underneath that there is a series of little blue pixels. I don't know what those blue pixels represents though.

sik

Reaction score
Me and my girl both have the bolt and on her G Talk it says she can video call me but it doesn't appear I can do it to her. My talk app doesn't look like it was updated. I'm stock never rooted.

Archerjostle

Reaction score
OK... on the surface, not too many changes... then you start using the programs...

Notification bar - when you pull it down, you have the option for quick settings... I really like that... Simple, yet useful
App Drawer - the page by page is annoying. Do not like that, but being able to sort by most used, downloaded, and Verizon... yeah, that's a nice little touch
Incoming Call screen - I absolutely love the redesign of the answer/ignore bar. Looks classy
Google Talk - The new design... I really like it. Option to voice chat, video chat, or type. Yeah, thats pretty nice, and the way they integrated it is pretty cool.

Anyone else notice any subtle changes?

My incoming call is the same...im pretty sure

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

neckbreak

Reaction score
The camera is different. Now u can switch between cameras with an onscreen button. Also they added an new effect called bubbles

thunderbolt

JRParsons

Reaction score
You can move icons/widgets around on your Home screen(s) even if the screen is full. Drag the item to an occupied space the items will switch positions.

Not liking the paginated app screen.

JRParsons

Reaction score
New live wallpaper, allows a slideshow of your photos to run in the background.

tc1

Reaction score
Me and my girl both have the bolt and on her G Talk it says she can video call me but it doesn't appear I can do it to her. My talk app doesn't look like it was updated. I'm stock never rooted.

Same here. Really pissed about it too.

This was a feature I was waiting on. Spent a lot of time and effort getting friends and relatives from all over the world to switch to gmail in order to use the video chat and now I'm the one who can't use it.

This will be my last HTC device.

Last edited:

Boxman

Reaction score
Never had the vm notification problem of not showing up, now I do...great.

m@tt

Reaction score
Only two things found that I like about new update camera and dock Mode.

Things I have notice
- Camera switch front/back
- Dock Mode dancedroid
- Downloads icon in app menu now
- VZ Navigator still sucks
- Books in the app menu

Then again I use Launch Pro as my default desktop and RocketDial make calls

RedSectorA

Reaction score
I like the detailed stats on battery life now as well as the more detailed running apps page. The new notification bar is excellent. Now if they would fix the vm notification bug I think everyone would be happy.

txcutter

Reaction score
I don't see any change in my battery icon.....why?

Thanks

armyman22

Reaction score
there isn't a change in the battery icon, there is a change in the battery use app. My main concern is the volume of notifications. I have it set all the way up and it sounds like about 30% of normal notification volume.

txcutter

Reaction score
I must be confused. I've only had this phone s few weeks so still learning. What battery app and where are the battery stats mentioned in another message previously.

JRParsons

Reaction score
Anybody else having an issue with the car dock. I used to insert the phone in the dock and then exit car mode. The Home screen would be in landscape mode. Now it is in portrait, so everything is sideways when in the car dock unless I am on the car screen, or one of the car apps. The dialer is in landscape but the Home screen and app drawer are in portrait.
If anybody could try inserting the phone in the car dock and then exiting car mode and get back to me with whether the Home screen is in landscape or not, it would be greatly appreciated. If everybody else is in landscape mode I will do a hard reset and let the firmware reload, but if the reset isn't going to work, I don't want to go through the trouble of resetting up my phone. Thanks in advance.