1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Change Text Ringtone?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by Fr3sh2De4th, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Fr3sh2De4th

Fr3sh2De4th New Member

Okay I assigned ringtones to all of my contacts but everytime I get a txt I still hear "Droooooooooid" for everyone. I've had the phone for like 2 weeks now & I'm tired of the death glare I keep getting from people when they hear it lol. Anyways can I change this? I think I may have to change my notification ringtone (my guess) but will I be able to assign different toness for when different contacts txt? Sorry for the noob question dancedroid
  2. KevinJ

KevinJ Member

Are you running the standard messaging app that came with the phone? If so, when it's running press Menu >> Settings and scroll down to Select Ringtone. There you can set it to what you wish.

Unfortunately with the app that comes with the phone you can only have a global ringtone for txt messages. Some of the other apps out there on the market may let you have individual ones, but I'm not familiar with any of them. I'm boring in real life, so I don't care if all my txts have the same notification sound. :)
  3. crodgers

crodgers New Member

I have an Incredible. I am unable to change the text notification sounds. I change it through the settings, but it goes back to the original sound. Please help!!
  4. FDFTW!!

FDFTW!! New Member

I believe Handcent will let you do that. As for the Incredible, I have no idea.
  5. Fr3sh2De4th

Fr3sh2De4th New Member

Thanks for the replies everyone I'm gonna go try handcent
  6. Alster2005

Alster2005 New Member

I had the same problem with changing the notification ringtone. I had to fo to my email, settings, accounts, and press and hold the account you want to change, account settings, and scroll down to select ringtone. It didn't work for me the first time. maybee I was doing something wrong. I tried it like 3 times and it finaly worked.
Search tags for this page
can you change or download a text ringtone to a droid incred
change text ring tone for bionic phone
droid x2 text ringtone change
how to change ring tone on droid incredible
how to change text back ringtone on andriod phone
how to change text ringtone on droid bionic

how to change text ringtone on droid incredible 2

htc first how do i hear my text tones