@ChainfireXDA releases CF-Autoroot, The Simplest Root Method For The Nexus 5

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
images

The root method for beginners, CF-Autoroot, has been released by developer "Chainfire" for the Nexus 5! The Nexus root method is pretty simple without a oneclick alternative, but not everyone is familiar with the adb commands that are necessary for unlocking the bootloader, installing a custom recovery, and flashing the root files. Not everyone is comfortable with unlocking their bootloader and installing an alternative recovery. This method is for those people. CF-Autoroot installs the SuperSU binaries and APK. That is it, nothing else. CF-Autoroot is a one click solution. Simply download the zip file, extract the zip file, boot your phone into bootloader mode, connect the device to the computer and run the "root.bat" file! It doesn't get any easier than this! More infor can be found at the link below.

It should be noted that if your device has not been unlocked this will wipe your data so be sure to make backups before proceeding.

Via XDA

Last edited:

livinginkaos

Reaction score
If you need an N5 to go with that root I am having a giveaway of sorts based on donations to our buildbox over yonder. You can pm me for details. Hurry though, it ends on Monday the 11 th.

Sent From My DEV X