Chainfire Makes Progress In SuperSU 2.27 Release, No More Kernel Patches

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
superandy.jpg

Chainfire has been steadily working on SuperSU for Lollipop for the past few weeks. He has made tons of progress but it is still not perfect. In his latest release 2.27 he has removed the need for patching the kernel to get SuperSU working which is a major step at getting this stable. While things are heading in the right direction it should be noted that this version uses a more invasive method which means there is a higher chance of bootloops. I have tried many of the newer releases and have already experienced bootloops. Chainfire says you are most likely to experience bootloops in this version. You install this through recovery. You will want to have stock images handy for restoring your device in case you do experience issues. Then again you may just want to wait this build out and wait for a more stable update. CF-Auto-Root has worked fine for me on both the Nexus 9 and Nexus 6 so I would stick with that method for now.

Release notes
Download

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
The more I read about Lollipop, combined with my 2-day experience with it on my Shield Tablet before restoring to Kitkat, the more I think it's one giant Charlie Foxtrot if you're a root user. :(