CES Monday Evening Juicy Tidbits From Asus, NVIDIA, Samsung, Sony & Fujitsu

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
nvidia-logo-buying-icera.png

Rather than spam our front page with another host of almost half a dozen stories at once, it seemed prudent to just list a quick summary of some the best juicy stuff that has come to light this evening. Here's a quick bullet-point list of headlines to titillate your technology appetite:

• [*]SAMSUNG MOBILE AND VERIZON WIRELESS UNVEIL 4G LTE-ENABLED SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB™ 7.7 AT 2012 CES
    [*]NVIDIA SHARES: ICE CREAM SANDWICH IS AHEAD OF SCHEDULE AND AVAILABLE NOW FOR TRANSFORMER PRIME - UPDATES WILL START PUSHING OUT TODAY
    [*]SONY OFFICIALLY UNVEILS NEW XPERIA S - 1.5GHz dual-core processor, 4.3-inch 1280 x 720 display, 1GB of RAM, and a massive 12 megapixel rear camera, complete with Sony’s Exmor R backlit sensor - PlayStation Certified
    [*]ASUS IS BRINGING AN "UNNAMED" 7-INCH TABLET TO MARKET THAT HAS A TEGRA3 QUAD-CORE CPU FOR ONLY $249.99!
    [*]FUJITSU FOLLOW-UP STORY - FUJITSU'S PROTOTYPE TEGRA3 QUAD-CORE PHONE IS CALLED "ARROWS" - WITH LTE, ANDROID 4.0, 4.6-inch "HD" DISPLAY, & 13MP CAMERA
What can be said but, WOW! That's quite a bit of quad-core news mixed in with some other pretty amazing stuff, especially news that ICS is ahead of schedule on the Transformer Prime. It seems like NVIDIA is running away with the show this evening. Share your thoughts!

Primary Sources: Engadget and BGR

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Nothing on audio? Here I am hoping for a cool new DAC or something. I know one company was unveiling some prototype IEMs.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I want that ASUS tablet. That is the price I have wanted tablets to be for a while. With what you're getting for $249 is completely worth it.

Surprised we saw such a huge bump in MP on the cameras. 12MP on the SE, and the WP7 Titan II has a 16MP camera. Wonder how good they'll be...

TheOldFart

Reaction score
I want that ASUS tablet. That is the price I have wanted tablets to be for a while. With what you're getting for $249 is completely worth it.

Surprised we saw such a huge bump in MP on the cameras. 12MP on the SE, and the WP7 Titan II has a 16MP camera. Wonder how good they'll be...

Most likely tons of noise at even ISO 100. Either that, or the noise reduction will make the resolution no better than 5MP.

If that ASUS tablet is real then it might get me to buy a "useless" tablet. If a toy is cheap enough I'll jump on it. Hopefully it will be 1280 x 720 or 1280 x 800. If it's the same 1024 x 600 as my Nook Color then forget it.

stam101

Reaction score
I want to see the specs on that ASUS tablet.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums