Cell site locator?

snakester

Reaction score
I used to have a BB curve, and I had a cool app for it called SignalLoc. It would tell me where the cell site I'm currently receiving was located, and where I was in relation to it. I could then tell it to pull open Google Maps and show me where on the map the tower was located.

Unfortunately I can't seem to find anything like that for my Droid. Does anything like this exist?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If I open Google Maps, and don't have GPS on, my location is the cell tower nearest me. Geo-location goes off the nearest tower.

OP
S

snakester

Reaction score
There is already an app for that. Search for Cellfinder.

I've tried it, and it just force closes over and over again. :(. I figured the dot on Google Maps is where the nearest cell tower is, but I don't see any sort of structure there when I actually go to look. I'm just kind of curious where Verizon has their site here because they're the ONLY cell provider that works in my house.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
There is already an app for that. Search for Cellfinder.

I've tried it, and it just force closes over and over again. :(. I figured the dot on Google Maps is where the nearest cell tower is, but I don't see any sort of structure there when I actually go to look. I'm just kind of curious where Verizon has their site here because they're the ONLY cell provider that works in my house.

Geo-location (with GPS disabled) is the nearest tower you're receiving a signal from. I don't believe they're always the cookie cutter image of a 'cell-tower'. So this may be why you're not seeing what you would consider the cell tower.