case predicament

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2 Global' started by ninja12, May 14, 2011.

1. ninja12

ninja12 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So about a week ago, I got my droid 2 global. The time I have had i, I've been using a hard case. Don't which one specifically; its a carbon fiber case of brand in which I don't know. The time I have used it, I have realized a few thing
    -the slide is a bit stiff due to the case now.
    -the case is a hassle to get off if you need to access the battery.
    -the top half of the case bulges out from the top half of the screen.

I am know to have accidents with my phone. Where the screen breaks or I drop it from somewhere extremely high and it ends up not working. Personally the case is ok, but the phone feels better without the case. What are your, as a collectives, opinions?

Edit: also the case sort of gets in the way of the top row of the physical keyboard, which can be annoying. This though I can overcome.

Sent from a Fission'ed Droid 2 Global

2. NiceGuysFinishLast

Ratings:
    +0
    I used a case on my first D2G. It let dirt under it, and scratched the plastic bezel all to hell on the front. I've had 2 more since then, and used both without a case, and I'm much, much happier. The screen is damn near indestructible, and the phone itself is pretty durable, I've been known to drop mine a time or two, and I work in construction. My phones hold up fine. (When they break, it's my fault.. I even washed one haha).

3. ninja12

ninja12 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Awesome. I am currently think about returning the case. I gets in the way. Its putting a track mark on the sides next to the keyboard from all the sliding.

Another question, do you use an extend life battery? It seems like a really handy item from the phone since the battery life isn't that great.

4. bweN diorD

bweN diorD Senior Member

Ratings:
    +74
    Current Phone Model:
    G2
    i like the vzw slider case, never had any issues. now that i got the 3500 extended battery im stuck with no case and the snap in holster. if theres a case available i haven't found it.

side note: i got the Seidio 2800 battery also, hoping it was a bit thinner, its not, its actually thicker than the 3500.