The search is over

Grassi

Reaction score
I have found the absolute best case for Droid 2 or D2G. Its The Seidio innocase Active, not the regular innocase, the ACTIVE. It will fit in the docking station, it is very very sturdy, a little bit thicker than regular innocase, even has screen lock, volume control, and camera button covers. Don't waste time trying to find the right case like I did, I tried the verizon case, and the body glove, they both are horrible.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

Taino2539

Reaction score
D2G case

I think the otterbox commuter series case for the D2G is is a real good protective case too. dancedroid

Reaction score
I saw the active the other day, I'm angry I already bought my standard innocase haha. Actually, I'm waiting till I get paid, and then ordering the active. Where did you get yours, and how much was it? I couldn't find it on amazon yet..

RUrbaniak24

Reaction score
I got the seidio rugged innocase with the holster n I love it

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

zero7404

Reaction score
I have found the absolute best case for Droid 2 or D2G. Its The Seidio innocase Active, not the regular innocase, the ACTIVE. It will fit in the docking station, it is very very sturdy, a little bit thicker than regular innocase, even has screen lock, volume control, and camera button covers. Don't waste time trying to find the right case like I did, I tried the verizon case, and the body glove, they both are horrible.

i posted a thread about this maybe 1 month ago and no one replied ....

it's an interesting case, but that non-slip feel on the outside makes it tough to put in your pocket, i used to have an innocase for the d1, as well as an otterbox, the otterbox was way easier to slip into a pocket.

it's a nice case, but i also prefer the covers over the open ports, in the unlikely event fluid spills on/around the phone, the ports on the active are exposed. the otterbox has most of the body of the phone sealed, except for speaker and microphone.

i don't care much for the otterbox brand, they remind me of apple. but they do make probably the best cases for the droid/droid 2. haven't really seen better.

Reaction score

i posted a thread about this maybe 1 month ago and no one replied ....

it's an interesting case, but that non-slip feel on the outside makes it tough to put in your pocket, i used to have an innocase for the d1, as well as an otterbox, the otterbox was way easier to slip into a pocket.

it's a nice case, but i also prefer the covers over the open ports, in the unlikely event fluid spills on/around the phone, the ports on the active are exposed. the otterbox has most of the body of the phone sealed, except for speaker and microphone.

i don't care much for the otterbox brand, they remind me of apple. but they do make probably the best cases for the droid/droid 2. haven't really seen better.

Does the Active have a different coating from the regular innocase? Or is it just the plain black soft-touch material? If so, I love that stuff. It stays clean, fingerprints wipe right off, it feels grippy in my hand, stays in place when I set it down, but slides in and out of my pocket quite easily.

Also, Grassi, does this case seem thick enough that if I wanted to take a dremel to the inside and remove enough plastic that my battery door would fit with an extended battery?

OP
G

Grassi

Reaction score
I got mine from the official Seidio website, I couldn't find it on amazon either. It cost me 30 big ones, plus shipping

OP
G

Grassi

Reaction score
And yes it is thick enough and yes it will fit in the car dock

OP
G

Grassi

Reaction score
And I think it is the same soft coating, and did I mention how sexy it looks on the phone?? You gotta see it in person, the photos on the website do no justice...

jcl197

Reaction score
Awesome! I saw it on their website the other day but didnt buy it b/c i didnt think that it would fit the docks. Ill take the plunge and get one

OP
G

Grassi

Reaction score

OP
G

Grassi

Reaction score
Trust me, it is well worth the money. It is a no BS case, its big enough to protect your phone, but small enough to fit in docks, and looks really sexy, I will try and post photos tonight

zero7404

Reaction score
Trust me, it is well worth the money. It is a no BS case, its big enough to protect your phone, but small enough to fit in docks, and looks really sexy, I will try and post photos tonight

that coating doesnt do well with time/use.

posted via android