cars + android

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
why can't manufacturers just put a USB in their cars and androids play music through the micro USB + charge it

apple would be able to use it too

sounds pretty simple instead of going aftermarket or ur car coming with a ipod connector.. there's plenty of people with android and apple products

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
AUX has just became standard in most vehicles, even "low end" ones :D

iPod adaption is going to be the next thing that happens, wonder if we'll ever see just USB support for multiple devices. It'd be the most "cost effective" way, but not the popular way. And car companies have their own software feud going on.

OP
sweeeeet

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
even with aux u need a second wire to charge it.. and ive noticed better sound quality on a connected device vs a aux 3.5mm .. plus with two separate wires running all over ur car looks a bit much

a USB connection would be very universal with thumb drives and all smart phones etc

OP
sweeeeet

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
The site's security certificate is not trusted!

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
This looks promising...

Kenwood shows off new DNN990HD Android-powered car stereo - Kenwood shows off new Android-powered car stereo (pictures) - CNET

WANT. I had a Kenwood DNX-6140 in my car a while back...double DIN, touchscreen, nav, bluetooth, USB, the whole nine yards...awesome head unit. I was able to stream audio from my phone through the Bluetooth connection...could even fire up Pandora on my phone and stream it through my car speakers. Loved that stereo. Then it got stolen. :( I have a more simple Kenwood single-DIN unit in there now which does at least allow for Bluetooth and USB.

GROMAddict

Reaction score
Website
gromaudio.com
Twitter
gromaudio
Yes, it someone does not mind changing the headunit. The fact is that the headunits are very integrated to the car, so changing it becomes a real hassle. This is where GROM Audio comes handy because it interfaces with the original car stereo, upgrading it without changing.