Card and camera/root question

denakisland

Reaction score
Pacific NW. Not so North and not so West.
What size sd card do you have in your eris'? I'm leaning towards rooting very, very soon and have an 8g card, which is about half full of music.
Should I upgrade my card size?

Also, I read some comments that stated the stock camera doesn't work when rooting? Is this true and if so what are they ways around it. I use my camera on pretty much a daily basis. (I have a pretty cute 3 year old)

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
What size sd card do you have in your eris'? I'm leaning towards rooting very, very soon and have an 8g card, which is about half full of music.
Should I upgrade my card size?

Also, I read some comments that stated the stock camera doesn't work when rooting? Is this true and if so what are they ways around it. I use my camera on pretty much a daily basis. (I have a pretty cute 3 year old)

8 Gig is plenty, but if you want more music then upgrade anyway. Regardless, I don't think it will matter with the root, most of the root files are relatively small. I am using about 1 GB for appstosd so consider that as well.

The camera works fine for root. There is a 2.2 Rom that makes the stock camera program no longer function. But there are plenty of ROMs to choose from. Also, you can root without flashing another ROM, though that pretty much is the whole reason for rooting.

OP
denakisland

denakisland

Reaction score
Pacific NW. Not so North and not so West.
Well? :) How'd it go?

I did it. Successfully. It really did take longer to read through (the 4 times I did) than actually doing it. I'm bummed I can't get PlainJane to load, but oh well. It's nice to not have some of the crap that comes installed but I have no use for. I actually love that. It was super easy to install my apps when you back them up with ASTRO... thanks for that tip!
Now I get to play with roms and make my hubby jealous. HA!

tycedeano

Reaction score
My wife's Droid bit the dust with eight months to go until we can upgrade. I got her a used Eris for the mean time, which she likes. Can I just swap the SD cards between her old Droid (16GB) and the Eris (8GB) without rooting or doing anything extraordinary?