Can't upload video to Facebook

journeygal

Reaction score
I took video last night that I wanted to send to Facebook and via text msg. Problem one is that there is no option on phone for uploading to facebook(only for straight photos). I don't want to create a utube, but is that the only option? Anyone know? I can't send it through text or email, keeps saying too large. This is very frustrating!

chrstdvd

Reaction score
Try it this way. On your phone go to the Facebook web site (full version, not the mobile site, and not the app) click video, then upload video, choose if from your gallery and it should upload.

OP
J

journeygal

Reaction score
I thought when I open up the facebook site that it is the full version. So, I should use the internet version to get to it then? How do I get to it?

GrandWazoo

Reaction score
When you go to facebook on your phone, it goes to the mobile version. At the top right it says 'More'. Click on that, and the option 'Desktop Site' is the last one in the list.

silverfang77

Reaction score
The Facebook App, FriendCaster or Video to Facebook will let you upload your videos.

Tappin' and talkin' with Tappatalk

Omneitic

Reaction score
Actually from what I understand the most recent Facebook App update no longer supports video uploads. Friendcaster, Video for Facebook, and the full version on your browser should work though.

silverfang77

Reaction score
Seriously? Why would Facebook remove a feature people have asked for? Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

Omneitic

Reaction score
The facebook application just fails in general. You can prevent this by not updating though. That's what I did for a long time until I SBF'd, but more on that issue when the mods get around to approving my new topic. ^_^