Can't update to Gingerbread...

Rtphillips90

Reaction score
Originally i had my phone rooted with Zroot.... wanting the update i unrooted and was unsuccesful in updating. I can download the update but after my phone restarts it installs half way and then stops. I then rebooted my phone... i held the home key and power key to bring up the options menu and i cleared data and cache. I rebooted and redid my droid setup and tried again. Nothing lol. Help please??

Also... im not super tech savvy right now since i haven't done anything with my phone since i rooted it 4 months ago. I could pick apart the coding of my Palm Pre but im fairly new to droid so bare with me please.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

ArmyDude

Reaction score
Have you tried SBF back to 2.3.340 stock... then z4rooting.... then DROID x or DROID 2 bootstrapped?

OP
R

Rtphillips90

Reaction score
Honestly not to sound retarded but i have not a clue what any of that is except zroot lol.

ArmyDude

Reaction score
It's a little detailed for me to go into right now... putting baby to bed... but... do some google searches for full SBF 2.3.340. The files needed are out there with instructions. Use RSDlite ... I think 4.9... don't quote me... just google it. Once you have done this. Z4root... and bootstrap

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
http://www.mediafire.com/?ufxs9lft9q2xwnu
I got you. Here is rsd lite 4.9. Install this on your computer

http://sites.google.com/site/1kdsdroidx/home
There is the full dx sbf. Get reading! Haha. Its really an easy process and important to know before rooting or anything else that can screw up your phone. Watch a video on youtube as well regarding sbf on dx. Hope this helps
Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.7

Last edited:
OP
R

Rtphillips90

Reaction score
So I run RSD Lite, download the file from the google site and go?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Download the file, unzip it, then run RSD Lite. Put your phone in bootloader mode by having the phone off, then holding the power, volume down and camera button at the same time. Then connect the phone and click the button on RSD Lite.

Also, download and install the current Motorola Drivers if you don't have them already.

sent from my ZombieStomped X

OP
R

Rtphillips90

Reaction score
Thank you, all. It is currently installing... or whatever it does lol... I am at 45% we will see what happens from here!

OP
R

Rtphillips90

Reaction score
Well... it worked... but now I have no service? I can't send text or make calls.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
^^ what he said. It will reactivate the phone.

OP
R

Rtphillips90

Reaction score
Yup, that was the solution and I am now successfully running Gingerbread! thanks everyone for their help, it is much appreciated!!!

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you are on .595, I would recommend installing the ZombieStomped rom. I think it might also work with .596, but I am not 100%