Can't Update Bionic

POTUS159

Reaction score
I'm currently stationed at Eielson AFB, AK and my wife and I have Droid Bionics. Verizon doesn't have towers up here so the only way to get service is to piggyback off of local towers in a roaming state. When my wife got her phone up here we had to send it to a friend in the lower 48 to get activated on a Verizon tower in order for it to work. I've been receiving updates for awhile now here but for some reason I can't get the ICS update. When I go into my settings the button to select "System Updates" is faded and will not let me select it. I spoke with Verizon customer service and they seem to think I can't update while roaming - even though I received updates OTA here before. Does anyone know how I can update my phone? Thanks for the help.

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
I had ICS update issues. Long story, but after VZW techs couldn't figure it out they sent me to Moto. Moto told me to make sure I was on wifi. Got my phone serial number (IEMI number or something like that) and pushed it to me over wifi. Ask VZW to send you to Moto

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
If you have access to a computer why don't you flash it yourself.
The instructions and files you need are in the link to the thread at the bottom of my post.

OP
P

POTUS159

Reaction score
Thanks!

I just got in touch with Motorola and they agreed that I shouldn't be punished by Verizon for living up in this frozen tundra, update is on the way. Thanks so much for the help, my wife and I really appreciate it!

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I just got in touch with Motorola and they agreed that I shouldn't be punished by Verizon for living up in this frozen tundra, update is on the way. Thanks so much for the help, my wife and I really appreciate it!
How are they sending the update to you ?