Can't Type - Keyboard Won't Come Up In Browser

Bertha Venation

Reaction score
In Google and some other websites, the keyboard will not come up.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Is there a fix for this?

Thanks.

REARless

Reaction score
Menu -> Settings -> Language and Keyboard -> make sure Android Keyboard is checked.

OP
B

Bertha Venation

Reaction score
Anyone? I hear crickets.

At least the keyboard works on THIS site. Posting on my droid.

Help...?

eshef

Reaction score
That's for the Droid. I see you have an Eris. Sorry, I don't know what your settings are. :unsure: Maybe if you look around in settings - there should be something there! Good luck.

OP
B

Bertha Venation

Reaction score
That's for the Droid. I see you have an Eris. Sorry, I don't know what your settings are. :unsure: Maybe if you look around in settings - there should be something there! Good luck.

Thanks, eshef.

jkherman

Reaction score
Bertha,
I am having the same problem. Did you ever find a resolution?

Jejackson

Reaction score
If you long press the text field and select input method does it give you an option fir a keyboard? If it does and you select it do you still not get an on screen keyboard?

jkherman

Reaction score
No, I do not get a keyboard "popup" when using the browser. For example, I go to Google and select the search box to type in a search word, but no keyboard comes up. Or, if I bring up Facebook via Internet rather than the App, it won't let me enter my Login or Password. It highlights, but no keyboard. It works fine for texting, email, etc.

jkherman

Reaction score
FYI, it did work at one time. Possibly stopped working after the 2.1 upgrade????

Jejackson

Reaction score
if you place your finger in the spot where you would type and hold it there for a couple seconds a list of options should pop up...slide down to input method and select android keyboard

jkherman

Reaction score
Well, I decided to download another browser and that works fine. I did go back to the default Internet browser and it sort of works again, but still not working consistently. I'll just stick with the new browser. Thanks for your help!

Singleshot

Reaction score
I had the same problem. I just turned off my Droid 2, took out the battery for a minute and put it back in and rebooted. Works fine now.

Tebone1823

Reaction score
This happens for me too since the last update. It's annoying when i want to comment on fb. It's not all the time but most times. If anyone has a fix besides factory reset please share.