Can't sync yahoo email accounts...help??

jadar85

Reaction score
I just got the droid and the eris for my wife. Neither of us can sync our yahoo accounts to the phones. It keeps telling us invalid passwords or that it can't connect to the server all together. We know our passwords are right so what do we do?? Pleas help if you can...thanks.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

droid123

Reaction score
in order to sync your yahoo e-mail account - you must upgrade your yahoo account from a free account to the $19.99/yr Yahoo Plus
Then it will work just fine

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
in order to sync your yahoo e-mail account - you must upgrade your yahoo account from a free account to the $19.99/yr Yahoo Plus
Then it will work just fine

This is not 100% true. I do not have a yahoo plus account and can sync just fine. There are however those who cannot. I know alot of people were saying that you have to have your WIFI turned off when doing it also.

mkloharry

Reaction score
K-9 mail

Try K-9 mail from app store, works great and free. I have 3 yahoo accounts, and 2 gmail acounts. Its Beta but seems to work better then default mail app.

Vitticeps

Reaction score
Check out this thread. Seems to be working for some and not for others. Worked great for me, I now have full pop access without paying for the premium acct.