Cannot connect to server...cant send or receive Yahoo emails

BindiBoop

Reaction score
My fathers Incredible is not receiving or sending emails through his Yahoo account. His gmail account works fine, but that is not his primary account and he doesn't even use it. When he tries to send an email from his phone, he gets a "[email protected] email that says his account could not be authenticated, if you have recently changed your email password, please enter the most current password in settings to continue receiving emails". Well, he has not reset his password, but I went to settings and tried to "reset" his password to match the one he logs in with on his computer and after "connecting" for a few minutes, I get this message: Cannot connect to server. Your server is not responding. This all happens on wi-fi also.

I tried deleting his Yahoo account so I could reinstall it (I have had to do this on my droid a couple times due to duplicate emails), and it says: This account is required by some applications. You can only remove it by resetting the phone to factory defaults (which deletes all of your personal data). Why would a yahoo account be required by certain applications?

I REALLY don't want to have to reset to factory settings since this is not my phone and I don't want to try and "recreate" the phone as it is now.

Any Ideas?? I hope :blink: