Can't see Droid from PC over Wifi...

Wolfy

Reaction score
This seems SO simple to me, yet hours of playing with settings, trying different apps, fruitless Google searches hasn't answered this question for me:
Why can't I see my Droid in the Networks folder (Win7 64-bit) like any other device on my network?
The Droid is connected to my network via Wifi, and I can browse folders on any of the computers in my house. But, WHY doesn't it work the other way around? Why can't I go to any of those computers, open Network, and see the Droid to drop/drag files to it like I can any other wireless device on my network?
If I go to my Router settings/Local Network client list, I can see the Droid there, so the router sees it and is giving it an IP address, what blocks it from there on that it can't be seen by any computers?

Any help would be appreciated - and yes, I'm fully aware I can do this via USB cable, FTP or Bluetooth. I don't want to use those - I'd simply like to open up Network, see the Droid there, open any folder on it and drop files from my PC onto it like I can any other device on the network. Do I need something else to make this work?

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Have you set up any network servers or shares on the device? If there's no server or share there's nothing to see.

Bluecrab56

Reaction score
Did you figure this out yet ? It seems like to me it should work...unless since it is not a windows OS. How did you get to see your computer from the phone. My network is connected with same SSID and security code but still cannot se folders on computer.