Can't save relationship to contacts

Brettlpaul

Reaction score
I noticed there's an option in editing contacts to add the contacts relationship to you. However, when I add the relationship to a contact them hit done it doesn't save to the contact. Wondering if anyone else has had this problem or knows any fixes for it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I noticed there's an option in editing contacts to add the contacts relationship to you. However, when I add the relationship to a contact them hit done it doesn't save to the contact. Wondering if anyone else has had this problem or knows any fixes for it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

I just opened the People app, selected a contact, pressed the menu button, selected Add Another Field, added Relationship, entered "Client", pressed Done. It saved the edit and that contact is now listed as Relationship to me as Client.

Good luck with yours.

ozdjr

Reaction score
Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Relationship edit

This does not solve the problem. Yes you can overtype the word "Relationship" and it will save the relationship, but with the default dropdown option relationship "ASSISTANT" or the selected relationship from the dropdown options! In the example givenyou would get the first line as "Client: and underneath it "ASSISTANT".

It appears that the dropdown options do not insert in lieu of the word "Relationship" so to make a meaningful display you need to, say, overtype "Relationship" with "Eldest" and select "BROTHER" from the dropdown menu.

Is the dropdown options redundant, or, have I got it wrong?

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Just had the same thing … what I ended up doing is actually retyping the word "Relationship" over top. Then it appears how I think you want …

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk