Can't root nexus

Mike8016

Reaction score
I was trying to root my nexus last night. But it get stuck at the abd part. I am thinking I don't have the proper drivers installed but I can't find the right ones. Anyone have a link

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
What part are you stuck at? ADB is incredibly easy assuming you have the right drivers. Did you get a "waiting for device" message through the command prompt?

Capone76

Reaction score
Get the wugfresh toolkit. You can get drivers set up very easy. Its got a manual driver setup with easy to follow instructions

OP
Mike8016

Mike8016

Reaction score
What part are you stuck at? ADB is incredibly easy assuming you have the right drivers. Did you get a "waiting for device" message through the command prompt?

They asked me what I want to do root in lock boot loader ect. Then it just says waiting for device

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
They asked me what I want to do root in lock boot loader ect. Then it just says waiting for device

When you type "adb devices" with your phone connected (with USB debugging on) what happens? If you see a serial number show up then reboot to bootloader and type "fastboot devices". If you see a serial number, you're good to go. If none of this works, I'll link you to a tutorial to get your drivers set up properly.

OP
Mike8016

Mike8016

Reaction score
When you type "adb devices" with your phone connected (with USB debugging on) what happens? If you see a serial number show up then reboot to bootloader and type "fastboot devices". If you see a serial number, you're good to go. If none of this works, I'll link you to a tutorial to get your drivers set up properly.

I havent been able to get my serial number to come up