Can't receive picture messages

mpunt

Reaction score
Every now and then I can't receive picture messages. I'll get a text from someone asking if I got the pic they sent. I'll do a battery pull and ask them to resend and then I will get the pic. This is at least the 3rd time it has happened (that I know of). Verizon says they are looking into it. I am non-rooted and using handcent. It has happened before I started using handcent also. Anyone have any info? Thanks

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Every now and then I can't receive picture messages. I'll get a text from someone asking if I got the pic they sent. I'll do a battery pull and ask them to resend and then I will get the pic. This is at least the 3rd time it has happened (that I know of). Verizon says they are looking into it. I am non-rooted and using handcent. It has happened before I started using handcent also. Anyone have any info? Thanks

I don't have an answer for you but the Droid is not a Blackberry. Battery pull not required.

A while back when I first joined the Forum I had a member with the same issue. I got her phone number and we sent MMS back and forth to each other. In not one instance did we fail.

It could be Verizon's fault. It could be the other carriers fault. i highly doubt it's the Droids fault.

If you're not satisfied with that and you still think it's your Droid then you have a warranty. I would suggest you use it and see if in fact it is your Droid. There isn't any "fix" that I know of for this.

OP
M

mpunt

Reaction score
I'm not blaming anything. I just don't know why this happens and I was hoping for an easy answer that I was overlooking. It has happened from different people on different carriers (one was Verizon).
I didn't know that the battery pull wasn't necessary but that is what worked and in fact, that is what the Verizon tech told me to do when it first happened. I appreciate your response. If I get any response from the Verizon trouble ticket, I will post.

OP
M

mpunt

Reaction score
I called Verizon today to check on the trouble ticket and they have no answer but told me that there is an upgrade coming any day now that "might" address my issue.

aldaudio

Reaction score
ive had this issue before. my gf sent me a few pics, but i never received them. one day i took her phone and sent myself pics, and i only received the last of the 3 or so i tried.

shes on sprint, it might be a different carrier issue...?

yamaredman

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue... I'm not receiving every picture message thats sent to me.

Sender is on Verizon.