Can't merge Facebook contacts and phone contacts

loknload

Reaction score
I searched but couldn't find the exact answer to my question so if it has been answered, please post a link. I am only friends with family and close friends on Facebook so I don't mind having all of my Facebook contacts showing on my Droid X. However, a few of my Facebook friends don't associate their phone numbers with their Facebook accounts. When I go into the contact to try to enter their phone number, I get an error message something to the effect of "This device does not allow editing of Facebook contacts." So I have to make a new contact and enter their name and phone number under a separate contact.

For example, a Facebook friend's name is "John Doe" but he doesn't have his phone number associated with his Facebook account. My phone syncs with his account so I have "John Doe" in my contacts with his picture and all information associated with his Facebook account (email, etc...) but no phone number. My phone makes me create a new contact in the name of "John Doe" and enter his phone number. Now I have two "John Doe" entries listed in my contacts, one Facebook and one with just a phone number, for the same person. Is there a way to merge these? Thanks.

doniago

Reaction score
If you're editing a contact and hit the Menu button, there should be a "Join" option that will do just this.

OP
loknload

loknload

Reaction score
That did it. I guess I should have played around with it a little more. Thank you very much.