can't install drivers for incredible

ucpro

Reaction score
i enabled usb debigging, but the drivers failed to install. i have an android sdk installed because of my droid. what am i doing wrong. I want to root it but i think these steps are stopping me from doin it

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Update your SDK. It'll also update the drivers.

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
cd/wherever your android is/tools/android update sdk

If you did that it should update the drivers. Restart computer for good measure and try again.

If this is the method you used already, a little more info might be helpful. Such the os your on...

OP
U

ucpro

Reaction score
Ok I thought I had it. I ran the unrevoked 3 now it says waiting for bootloader, then the computer said failed to install another driver and now I'm such in recovery

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm not understanding you last sentence but the unrevoked tool came with hboot drivers. When installed the tool there should be a web link on how to install them.

OP
U

ucpro

Reaction score
I'm not understanding you last sentence but the unrevoked tool came with hboot drivers. When installed the tool there should be a web link on how to install them.

ok what i wanna do is get root and install froyo, but for the moment i just need to get root. i ran evo3, then it put me into the bootloader and that's it, then it says wrong image and then reboots. when i look at the unrevoked 3 screens it says waiting for reboot and it stays there. my phone has been on for a couple of minutes now

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
There are a couple of different version of the tool. Did you get the version for the incredible???

This one

unrevoked.com/#inc

If you are on windows. Delete the bunk version you have and use this.

Last edited:
OP
U

ucpro

Reaction score
There are a couple of different version of the tool. Did you get the version for the incredible???

This one

unrevoked.com/#inc

If you are on windows. Delete the bunk version you have and use this.

oh man i got it!!!! i thought i thought i had the one for the incredible. when i got it from the revoked website it said incredible. backing up the system as i type this.

so is the froyo rom that's out stable?? do i need another radio??

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The leaked version of sense and froyo is out and you need to update the radio for it. If rooting was a task i recommend you just use the Cm6 test 8. Its froyo and doesn't require a radio update.

OP
U

ucpro

Reaction score
The leaked version of sense and froyo is out and you need to update the radio for it. If rooting was a task i recommend you just use the Cm6 test 8. Its froyo and doesn't require a radio update.

does wireless tether work with it (the one in the market)?