Can't flash .902 with clockworkmod or android recovery

jamiethemorris

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm trying to flash an ics rom to my droid bionic. I watched this tutorial video: -[ROM]CM9 ICS KANG Nightlies 3/18/12

He mentions I have to be on .902. I followed this tutorial: -[How to] get to 5.9.902 Rooted Easiest way to get to .902, but every time I go to anrdoid recovery and try to flash it I get "signature verification failed." I rebooted into clockworkmod recovery and disabled signature verification, and I get "unable to open file" (bad) or something to that effect. I did some research and found that it's not possible to update if you have apps deleted (which doesn't make sense to me), so I tried to download another file (the stock .893) and flash it with rdslite. unfortunately, rdslite does absolutely nothing. It opens up, but when I click start after choosing the zip it does nothing.

Is there any hope, or is my phone officially not update-able? I am rooted at .893 with 4evr root. I double checked in the ext3 or whatever file with text editor and it has the 3 chmod permissions at the end.

Any help would be appreciated.

OP
J

jamiethemorris

Reaction score
It turns out I had them backed up... or at least one of them. I managed to download a zip file of the factory bionic apps, although i don't remember ever having them installed. I'm going to install them anyway...

I noticed that superuser is missing from system/apps. How is that possible?? I can see it in my app drawer and it works fine. should I replace it with 3.0.7? It's 3.0.6 right now. I don't want to ruin my current root though.

paramax55

Reaction score
Don't worry about losing root. It only takes a couple of minutes to get it bank with motofail. If you don't mind starting from scratch, I have links in my post below "How To Install Ubuntu On Your Bionic." You can install 902 with RSDlite, update to 904, then get root back with motofail.

OP
J

jamiethemorris

Reaction score
I just did a factory reset. I'm running into more issues though. Now I'm getting "asset failed: apply_patch_check("/system/app/DockService.apk", a bunch of numbers, and then "E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip (status 7) installation aborted." That was through recovery on the phone, I will try RSD now.

EDIT: I just used rsdlite, and it actually worked... I can't believe it. I will be rooting with motofail and installing the ics rom shortly. Ubuntu sounds intriguing too, I've been waiting for something like that to be ready. IIRC there was no way to do it before because of the kernel.

Last edited: