Rooted but now Stuck at Recovery Utility Menu

mrredskin

Reaction score
Alright, I used RomManager to reboot into recovery.

Phone rebooted into recovery and have the options of:

"reboot system now"
"apply update from sdcard"
"wipe data/factory reset"
"wipe cache partition"

I wiped data and cache and attempted to install the Eclipse Rom. I get an "E:signature verification failed" error. I spent several hours trying to fix this but nothing worked. I even tried the ICS Rom and got the same error after an "E:failed to verify whole-file signature" error, as well.

Next, I tried using the 902 Bionic Path Saver and Restore/Root Utility here but it's not finding my device when plugged into USB. None of my ports are recognizing it.

I'm at a complete loss, now. I've been at this for a good 6 hours now with extended battery, and not sure how much longer I'll have since the screen has been on this entire time. Any recommendation at all?

Concistency

Reaction score
This is stock recovery. You need to install Safestrap or bootstrap (apk), don't install custom recovery using rommanager on bionic. I recommend safestrap for "dual boot". You will continue to get errors if trying to flash on stock recovery.

Sent from my Droid BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
mrredskin

mrredskin

Reaction score
This is stock recovery. You need to install Safestrap or bootstrap (apk), don't install custom recovery using rommanager on bionic. I recommend safestrap for "dual boot". You will continue to get errors if trying to flash on stock recovery.

i don't know how i would go about doing that at this point

Concistency

Reaction score
Many threads on safestrap, etc. Safe strap can be downloaded at hashcodes blog (I'm on my phone its hard to pull a bunch of links, lol). They install just like an app then you install recovery and reboot. Safestrap you will hit the menu button to get in on boot screen.

OP
mrredskin

mrredskin

Reaction score
well i'm all kinds of confused, now. my battery finally died so i put it on the charger and put in a new one. it booted to stock with 902. same setup as if i was turning it on for the first time (going through google account and permissions). i don't know what to think, now.

maybe i will attempt this again tomorrow with more care and patience.

Concistency

Reaction score
well i'm all kinds of confused, now. my battery finally died so i put it on the charger and put in a new one. it booted to stock with 902. same setup as if i was turning it on for the first time (going through google account and permissions). i don't know what to think, now.

maybe i will attempt this again tomorrow with more care and patience.

When you wipe you go through this process.