Cant find photos to move to PC

heavymetal67

Reaction score
I looked through the first 5 pages and didnt see this thread. I want to move the pictures from my X to my pc. When I connect it, I cant find the pictures in any of the folders.
Am I just looking in the wrong place. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
J

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Camera photos are in the DCIM/Camera Directory. Put the phone in USB Mass Storage mode, navigate to it via My Computer.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
When you connect the X you have to make sure you mount it "mass media" or "sd card" I am not exactly sure what it is called on the DX but there are two different storage sections on the X

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
When you connect the X you have to make sure you mount it "mass media" or "sd card" I am not exactly sure what it is called on the DX but there are two different storage sections on the X

USB Mass Storage. and there are actually 4 options, Charge, PC Mode, Mass Storage, and Sync

OP
heavymetal67

heavymetal67

Reaction score
Thanks, I was in the wrong mode.
Is there anyway to move these to the SD card to save room or is that where they are?

eman01

Reaction score
Difference between PC Mode & USB Mass Storage Mode?

Juicemane, can you tell me the difference between PC Mode & USB Mass Storage Mode? My manual (Droid 2) does not even mention PC Mode. In practical terms, when do you use each one? My google search unproductive; any web references welcome.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Juicemane, can you tell me the difference between PC Mode & USB Mass Storage Mode? My manual (Droid 2) does not even mention PC Mode. In practical terms, when do you use each one? My google search unproductive; any web references welcome.

In PC mode you are able to read and interact with the SD card on both the PC and the X. In USB Mass Storage Mode your Droid X cannot see the SD card and it can only be seen by your PC.

USB Mass storage is for moving media such as music, pictures, ringtones, zips and files to your phone from the PC or from PC to your phone.

eman01

Reaction score
Interesting.
In PC Mode, my Windows (7) Explorer did NOT show all the files on the SD card, while it did in USB Mass Storage mode. In practical terms, what would PC mode generally be used for?

Thanks.