Can't find my new ringtones

Deni580

Reaction score
as a quick intro - been a smart phone user by years - blackberry. Just got my droid X last week. Got 5 ringtones today from Verizon store but can't save as ringtones from the text message sent (even tho the Verizon instructions said that I could). So they're somewhere on my phone, I just can't find them. They didn't end up in "settings" under "phone ringtone." Help! dancedroid

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
as a quick intro - been a smart phone user by years - blackberry. Just got my droid X last week. Got 5 ringtones today from Verizon store but can't save as ringtones from the text message sent (even tho the Verizon instructions said that I could). So they're somewhere on my phone, I just can't find them. They didn't end up in "settings" under "phone ringtone." Help! dancedroid

Try the download folder or the media>audio>ringtone folder. Not sure how X is set up folder-wise but that's a good place to start. Check for a Verizon folder too.

I would think if you went into settings to change your ringtone they would show up as options, regardless of where they are on your sdcard.

fish1552

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S23 Ultra
Twitter
fish1552

Can you hook it up to a computer with the USB cable and browse the folders to verify it is on the SD card? If you can't see it anywhere on there they might not have saved. Check the "downloads" folder on the card.
I was told to create folders called "ringtones", "notifications" and "music" on mine and put things in those. Amazingly enough, the phone sees everything I place in those.

If you don;t know how to mount your SD card when plugging it into the computer, let us know and we can walk you through the steps.

OP
D

Deni580

Reaction score
Tried and no go

"Try the download folder or the media>audio>ringtone folder" I have an app for "files" and what's in there are "phone files" and in there are folders but nothing from today (which is when I downloaded the ring tones). I can access the ring tones from the text message sent to me by the Verizon store and I can hear the ring tones. I just can save them to anywhere, and b/c of that, I can't access them. Also, I don't have a folder called "media".

I can hook the phone up to my computer with a USB cable, but I don't see a way to browse the folders. So any help you could give me there would be appreciated. Thx much.

harrellj

Reaction score
Once you have your phone hooked up to your computer, drag the notification bar on your phone down and tell it to allow USB connection (and then mount it). Your computer should automatically assign a drive letter for your phone at which point you'd be able to browse the phone like it was another hard drive.

What is the name of the app you're using? Because that sounds odd that it has phone files but doesn't allow access to the SD card, which is generally where items get saved on the phone.

olisa

Reaction score
finding ringtones I downloaded

I'm new at this too--but I finally went to the music folder, and found all of the ones I downloaded there---then I just had to play one and then had the option to set it as a ringtone.
Then I went back to my contacts and under options was able to select the ringtone---so I use about 8 different ones, for friends, family, co-workers etc! Hope this helps someone