Can't download...can't donate

Scuba_Koop

Reaction score
Trying to get the epic Rom for my Droid2. Can't find any links that work, tried to donate to see if that would lead to a download link. I have no problem paying. Tired of trying to find a download link. ROM manager won't work either. Any fix any time soon??? Really tired of Blur.......
Plus reading all these great posts about how great the ROMs are. Where did everyone get them from??? I must be download challenged...I can't find a working link on any site???

Not trying to come across as a jerk....just frustrated that I can't download anything. Paid for ROM manager, paid for Koush bootstrap...and overclock app....but no roms????

Jester822

Reaction score
Trying to get the epic Rom for my Droid2. Can't find any links that work, tried to donate to see if that would lead to a download link. I have no problem paying. Tired of trying to find a download link. ROM manager won't work either. Any fix any time soon??? Really tired of Blur.......
Plus reading all these great posts about how great the ROMs are. Where did everyone get them from??? I must be download challenged...I can't find a working link on any site???

Not trying to come across as an ass....just frustrated that I can't download anything. Paid for ROM manager, paid for Koush bootstrap...and overclock app....but no roms????

Couple things. I don't know if Matt is still supporting Epic or not. If you can't find the links here, try xda. Matt is working on an ASOP ROM now. In the mean time, you can try Squidly's ROM which is minimal blur, flexible customization scripts, and super stable or Team Defuse's Fission ROM which is very close ASOP and has the final release out now coming in days.

I don't think ROM Manager is something to turn to for ROM installation. I'm new to this and the D2 is my first, but my understanding is that the only way you can do these are by downloading the ROM from a site and using the clockwork terminal thing in the D2 bootstrap recovery. All the scripts have those instructions on their posts. If I'm mistaken on anything someone please correct.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
S

Scuba_Koop

Reaction score
I finally found a download for the fission ROM. I loaded it and got rid of BLUR finally!
I did use the bootstrap and it worked fine.
This was my first root with my D2. I rooted my orig droid and loaded a ton of ROMS on it. I was a little hesitant with my D2, but could take the BLUR any longer!!
Thanks for your input!!

want a droid

Reaction score
Most if not all rom downloads can be found in the sticky right above here......

mjones1052

Reaction score

Not trying to come across as an ass....just frustrated that I can't download anything. Paid for ROM manager, paid for Koush bootstrap...and overclock app....but no roms????

Couple things. I don't know if Matt is still supporting Epic or not. If you can't find the links here, try xda. Matt is working on an ASOP ROM now. In the mean time, you can try Squidly's ROM which is minimal blur, flexible customization scripts, and super stable or Team Defuse's Fission ROM which is very close ASOP and has the final release out now coming in days.

I don't think ROM Manager is something to turn to for ROM installation. I'm new to this and the D2 is my first, but my understanding is that the only way you can do these are by downloading the ROM from a site and using the clockwork terminal thing in the D2 bootstrap recovery. All the scripts have those instructions on their posts. If I'm mistaken on anything someone please correct.

It's not the case with the D2 or DX it seems, but ROM Manager is absolutely the place to download ROM's. With the D1 you could use it to download, install, configure, and theme dozens of ROM's. Pretty sure that's why he named it that.

Jester822

Reaction score
I get that, mjones. I guess I wasn't clear enough that I was Referring to d2.

Sent from my DROID2

OP
S

Scuba_Koop

Reaction score
When I go to ROM manager (I purchased premium) I see nothing I can download for D2?? I used it for my original droid all the time, so I have a pretty good idea how it works.