1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Can't delete a text message

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy S4' started by blackterry, Apr 8, 2014.

1. blackterry

blackterry New Member

So my phone has been super slow texting lately and I realized it was only slow with one person who I text frequently. So I decided well maybe I should delete our ongoing conversation and start fresh. Guess what it won't delete. Everytime I try to delete the thread it locks my phone up an I have to do a battery pull. After the battery pull and re start the message is still there undeleted. What do I do short of throwing it on the the street and running it over several times with my truck. ??

On a side not the battery life of these phones is horrid and I wish I would of stayed with my Razr HD Maxx... Other than that it's a good phone.
  2. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I assume you are using the stock SMS app. Personally, I use Chomp SMS. I find it to be a much better choice. You may want to download Chomp and see if there is any lag and are able to delete conversations.
  3. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod Staff Member Premium Member

My stock messaging app locks up too now, especially with one person I frequently text. It's been my experience with all my phones that the stock messaging app just plain stinks.

Do yourself a favor an opt for a 3rd party messaging app. I've been using Textra the past couple months and not a single hiccup with it. That same thread that freezes up my stock messaging app, Textra goes through the thread with no issues and it's blazing fast compared to any other messaging app I've used, and I've pretty much used them all.
  4. bbtkd

bbtkd Member

Try clearing cache for the messaging app. If that doesn't do it clear data for the messaging app, but that could clear all messages - though may be your only choice.
  5. FunN4Lo

FunN4Lo Member

I had the same issue on the Bionic I used to have. Posted about it a few times. Nothing seamed to fix it. VZW employee told me to send a text with a pic to myself. Thought it was the dumbest thing I heard all day, but it worked. They explained that triggers some type of an update for smart phones like the old *228 used to do on dumb phones.
  6. Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008 Member

Is it possible to delete it from inside a file manager? Just thinking out loud here.
  7. Malkavian

Malkavian Member

I have downloaded a program called "Delete Old Messages" from the play store. This works well for me with people I text a lot with. You will also find you messaging app will run a bit faster.
Search tags for this page
android cant delete texts
android wont delete text messages
can't clear text notification on my galaxy s4

can't delete messages galaxy s4

can't delete text messages
galaxy s4 message thread wont deletr
how to delete a really long text thread on s4

i can't delete text messages from one person on my galaxys4

mesage cannot delete in samsung android

messages won't delete from my samsung galaxy s4

my text messages are not deletingc on my android