Deletions from IMAP email accounts not working

Eschurr

Reaction score
I have a Galaxy SIII and S4 and lately when i delete messages from my email client on either phone they do not delete on the server (so they wind up back on my email client and on Outlook on my PC that accesses the same account). It used to work but it's lately stopped working. Any ideas why?

Last edited:

GVLBob

Reaction score
Normally, there is a setting on whether to delete a message on the server if it is deleted on the phone. What setting did you set (or not set)?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
E

Eschurr

Reaction score
Normally, there is a setting on whether to delete a message on the server if it is deleted on the phone. What setting did you set (or not set)?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Thanks. There is such a setting on an iPad, but I can't find such a setting on either of my Samsung's

OP
E

Eschurr

Reaction score
What email app are you using?
I'm using the stock email app on my galaxy s4 with android r4.3 and my galaxy s3 with android 4.2 (I think).

Oddly this worked for quite a while but has stopped working in the last week or so

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was just curious. Sorry, I don't use the stock app; I have the Yahoo and Gmail apps for those email addys and Maildroid for my home and work email addys. Maildroid does give you the option to delete either from the phone or both phone and server. I underuse Maildroid as it could handle all my emails.

You might try using another email app like K-9 or Maildroid (although the paid version of Maildroid is expensive).

Last edited:

GVLBob

Reaction score
I also recommend that you use an alternate email app. I use Kaiten, but the others mentioned above are also good. Once you do that, we should be able to point you to the appropriate setting.

OP
E

Eschurr

Reaction score
thanks. I may look into that. the weird thing is that this worked just fine two weeks ago on both my S4 and my wife's S3 and now it works on neither!

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
It may have been due to a change in the account itself that you aren't aware of.

Both Kaiten and Maildroid have free versions to try and K-9 is free as well. That way you can give them each a shot and see what works best for you. There are other email apps to try as well.

Last edited:
OP
E

Eschurr

Reaction score
i checked with the provider and they say there have been no changes. it works from Outlook on my PC, my iPod Touch, and my wife's Ipad, so i'm inclined to believe its the phone email client.