Cant connect my TB to my laptop?? Help

dudeitsmattx

Reaction score
For some reason when I plug my phone into my computer with the USB cord it does not read it. I have never had this problem with a Android phone before. All I did was plug it in and my SD card files would pop up and I could add whatever stuff to my SD card that I wanted. All Im trying to do is put pics from my computer on it and all of my music. Someone please help. Its a Sony Vaio windows 7 pro 64-bit in case you need to know.

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
You need to pull your notification bar down and select USB mass storage. Shoot, I'm thinking or my OG when I called it the USB mass storage, what you want to select is Disk Drive from under the Connect to PC options.

oresteez

Reaction score
Look on your phone for a message about enabling...
I forget what its called...Large disk support, damn..i'm drawing a blank..i've only done it a thousand times :)
enable large file support? i forget... lol.
anyway, just enable it/turn it on, and then it will show up as a drive...

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
No actually when you connect to your PC you should get a pop up that says "Connect to PC" so that you can select Disk Drive and if you don't pull down the notification bar and select Charge only tab that will then bring up the "Connect to PC" options.

By default on the newer phones like the TB and even the older DX, these phones would only connect to the PC for charging purposes by default. But you have to tell the phone to communicate with the PC as a Drive Disk before the PC will even acknowlege it.

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium.

derek33

Reaction score
Try restarting your thunderbolt like fully power off

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums