Cannot root after V8

MrCatPC

Reaction score
Grab http://www.7-zip.org/, free open-source file compression/extraction ... I use Windows XP/Vista/7's compressed files handler to open .zip files in most cases but 7zip works well for that & other types of compressed data. I've used WinRAR & WinZip in the past, but alas I too am too cheap to pay for license beyond trialware period. I like freeware when it works well :)K

Decompressed Transmission from R2D2

Reaction score
Grab 7-Zip, free open-source file compression/extraction ... I use Windows XP/Vista/7's compressed files handler to open .zip files in most cases but 7zip works well for that & other types of compressed data. I've used WinRAR & WinZip in the past, but alas I too am too cheap to pay for license beyond trialware period. I like freeware when it works well :)K

Decompressed Transmission from R2D2

It only copies the files I need to extract. It won't extract them at all. Keeps saying "Cannot open file C:/...../...../...." Am I doing something wrong?

Reaction score
XDA is a developer site just like this one (droidforums), but larger and covers more phones. MtMichaelson is a developer for the LG Revo specifically. He is the man.

Download all of your drivers for the phone. turn on usb debugging and tether phone to computer in "internet connection" mode. First you have to flash clockworkmod onto your phone first, then download MtMichaelson's All-In-One root program and run the .bat file. You'll have the option to root, unroot, stock recovery etc. Chose the option that you would like to do. In your case you want to update to ZV8 and root, so i believe you will have to put ZV7 back to stock first which is an option in the program. untether phone, update to zv8, then apply root once more. I recommend flashing Mt's Broken Out Revo ROM. It's pretty much stock Gingerbread with no bloatware. Let me know if you run into any trouble.

This link is for Mt's All-in-One program:
***Easiest Method for Keeping Root Thru the ZV8 Update*** - xda-developers

This link is for Mt's Broken Out Revo rom:
[Rom][4-2-12][ZV8]Broken Out Revo 1.1 - xda-developers

This link is for the new Blitz kernel so you can undervolt and overclock your cpu. You will have to flash this in ClockWorkMod recovery. do this after you root and get his rom on your phone:
http://db.tt/wRYwpwNF

Alan you are GRRRRRRREAT!!! Like flippin Tony the Tiger, my darling!!! This specific deal didn't work but I found out how to at least get my ZV8 on my Revo, so I don't have to worry about that dar-gone OTA trying to push anymore. Now to just work on getting the root back on it. Thank you so much darling.

albanyalan

Reaction score
Alan you are GRRRRRRREAT!!! Like flippin Tony the Tiger, my darling!!! This specific deal didn't work but I found out how to at least get my ZV8 on my Revo, so I don't have to worry about that dar-gone OTA trying to push anymore. Now to just work on getting the root back on it. Thank you so much darling.

Sorry I usually stick to XDA and don't check this site often. I apologize. I am learning as I go and it seems like if you don't do each step precisely then you might eff **** up. If you need anymore help please feel free to contact me via facebook. Alan Boone | Facebook
My fb account is tied to my phone and my phone number is listed in my info. Feel free to shoot me a friend request and text me.

p.s. it's not because you're a smokin hot vegas chick ;) just trying to pay it forward because i got a lot of help trying to root my phone.