Cannot delete event from droid2 calendar

rhettsmum

Reaction score
So I entered a recurring event on my calendar but no longer need it. I keep trying to delete it but every time I do, it comes back. I don't even get out of the app, just as soon as I delete it, it's gone and 3 secs later it reappears. How the heck do I get rid of it?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

CloudedMirth

Reaction score
Had the same problem happen to me. I think this is some type of glitch with a repeated event (e.g. every Monday) and it wants to keep the event going. Pressing the menu key and selecting to delete "This & future events" causes the event to somehow reappear seconds later. A less suitable fix is to delete "All events" instead, but perhaps you want to keep your old schedules for reference.

So what I ended up doing was selecting the last time the event occurs. I pressed the menu key again, then selected "edit event" > "Change this and all future events." At the bottom under "Repetition", select the option "Does not repeat". Save changes.

In essence, what you're doing is just cutting off the event from recurring after that point while still saving the past occurrences for future reference. It's basically the same thing as deleting it from then on. No idea why this glitch exists, but I hope you find this a viable workaround!

Last edited:

CloudedMirth

Reaction score
ETA: It seems the newest Android updates address this issue for anyone still viewing this thread. Selecting to delete "This & future events" works now without glitching like how rhettsmum and myself have experienced.