Can you rename photo galleries?

joeylion

Reaction score
Rooted...

Can you rename the folders in your galleries and move pictures into differnt folders? If so... how?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

OP
J

joeylion

Reaction score
I found the Gallery App (/system/app) but that is just the app

All the pictures can be found at /sdcard/my_pix, but... there are just my pictures and not the folders that the Gallery App puts them into...

Im at a loss for where to go from here... any help? Thanks!

Jenaht

Reaction score
I use the Astro file manager app. You can rename directories. Great app.

Sent from my Stock Fascinate using DroidForums App

OP
J

joeylion

Reaction score
the thing is, I know how to rename files... I just cant find what I am looking for.

I have no idea where to find the folders that the Gallery App puts pictures into

AllForNaught

Reaction score
I don't understand what you're asking. I just go to pictures, create new folder, then select the pics I want to put in it and so on. All my gallery pics are organized into specific folders.

Sent from my blah-blah-blah using the Droid Forums app.

Jenaht

Reaction score
the thing is, I know how to rename files... I just cant find what I am looking for.

I have no idea where to find the folders that the Gallery App puts pictures into

On my phone the camera puts pics under DCIM

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
+1

DroidForums Junkie!!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You can do that on the Fascinate? Where do you think they save to when you do? The sd card. Which is the same as where the new folder in Astro goes. -1 for stating a way it can be done? Haha! :)

+1

DroidForums Junkie!!

-1 you can easily have custom directories without the app. Just make your own folders, and save disc space.

DroidForums Junkie!!

AllForNaught

Reaction score
You can do that on the Fascinate? Where do you think they save to when you do? The sd card. Which is the same as where the new folder in Astro goes. -1 for stating a way it can be done? Haha! :)

+1

DroidForums Junkie!!

-1 you can easily have custom directories without the app. Just make your own folders, and save disc space.

DroidForums Junkie!!

I was talking about the addition of another app - namely Astro. Eeediot. You don't think the app itself uses any sd space? It's redundant when the phone already has the functions the OP wants, without downloading a 2nd or 3rd party app.

AllForNaught

Reaction score

All the pictures can be found at /sdcard/my_pix, but... there are just my pictures and not the folders that the Gallery App puts them into...

Look in Files. It'll show your pics in whatever folders you've organized them into.

Jenaht

Reaction score

Look in Files. It'll show your pics in whatever folders you've organized them into.

I take it you are talking about doing this when connected to computer? I haven't even done that yet. However Astro does this without needing to be connected to computer. It depends on one's preference. No need to be rude about it.

AllForNaught

Reaction score

I take it you are talking about doing this when connected to computer? I haven't even done that yet. However Astro does this without needing to be connected to computer. It depends on one's preference. No need to be rude about it.

??? You don't need to be connected to a computer.1.} You go to the folder(s) where your pics are at, 2.) Punch the settings button, 3.) Select the pics you want to move, 4.) Go to to folder you want to move them to (such as my_pictures) 5.) Select new folder, 6.) Name it.

I have all my gallery pics organized into folders with categories (ex: my girlfriend, random pics, my music gear, my friends, me, my animals, etc), no connecting to pc or other apps needed.

Jenaht

Reaction score

??? You don't need to be connected to a computer.1.} You go to the folder(s) where your pics are at, 2.) Punch the settings button, 3.) Select the pics you want to move, 4.) Go to to folder you want to move them to (such as my_pictures) 5.) Select new folder, 6.) Name it.

I have all my gallery pics organized into folders with categories (ex: my girlfriend, random pics, my music gear, my friends, me, my animals, etc), no connecting to pc or other apps needed.

Really? How do you get to the files? The only way ier know of if to see the gallery but tapping settings only allows me to select then rotate. No creating files or folders.

My phone isn't rooted...is yours? Anyway that is why I use the program I suggested..

AllForNaught

Reaction score
Really? How do you get to the files? The only way ier know of if to see the gallery but tapping settings only allows me to select then rotate. No creating files or folders.

My phone isn't rooted...is yours? Anyway that is why I use the program I suggested..

My phone isn't rooted.

Read carefully:

1) Select "Applications" from your home screen (the blue button with 4 white squares, for newbies)

2) The applications are in alphabetical order. Scroll down to "my files".

3) Scroll down to "DCIM", and tap it to open 2 more folders, titled "camera" and "thumbnails" - tap "camera" - this will display all the pics you've taken with your camera, (which is also the folder where you can drag and drop pictures from your computer) or go to whatever folder you put your pictures in NOT taken with the camera.

With me so far?

4) Once you've opened whatever folder you have pictures you'd like to organize into seperate folders, hit the softkey "settings" button (bottom left) and select "more."

5) Now you have a menu with the option "move." Tap the "move" option, and little checkmarks will appear beside thumbnails of all your pics. Think of a folder you want to create, and name it (ex: My Pets), and check off all the appropriate pictures.

6) Once you've checked the pics you want to move, tap the "move" button, and find the folder "My Pets" or whatever folder you want, and hit the pop up button "move here" - and viola: you have a specific folder in your Gallery with all your pics of "My Pets", with the title, "My Pets."

Now you're one tap away from all those memorable "Pet" moments.

No uneccesary downloaded apps using of sd/disc space!

Sent from my Fascinate using the Droid Forums app.