Can you eliminate the initial slide to unlock?

PaulQ

Reaction score
I am very new to Droid.

When you first activate your Droid by pushing the button on the top, it gives you that slider to unlock the screen near the bottom. THEN, you have to enter your pattern unlock.

Can you eliminate the initial slide to unlock and just have it wake up and present the pattern to unlock?

It's not a BIG deal but it would be nice.

Thanks!

Miniblue

Reaction score
I use MyLock Version 1.4c, not on the market anymore for free. I have a Droid 1 and it works great to eliminate the slide. I don't have a password or pattern, from a sleeping phone I press the pwr button and phone is alive and ready to use. I know you can download a free version of Version 1.4b on their web page. Google MyLock, go to the developers webpage and tiptoe through to their products page where the first item is 1.4b.

I don't know what happened to 1.4c, but I have been using a version of MyLock since January. For $0.99 they have the final pre-FROYO version, but I'm too cheap and what I have works.

A friend has a Droid 2 and it was less than 100% for him, doesn't hurt to give it a try.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I am very new to Droid.

When you first activate your Droid by pushing the button on the top, it gives you that slider to unlock the screen near the bottom. THEN, you have to enter your pattern unlock.

Can you eliminate the initial slide to unlock and just have it wake up and present the pattern to unlock?

Thanks!

This is kind of annoying but I got used to it. On my droid all I had to do was press the power button and draw my pattern.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

REARless

Reaction score
I am very new to Droid.

Thanks!

This is kind of annoying but I got used to it. On my droid all I had to do was press the power button and draw my pattern.

"No Lock" in the market

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
This doesn't stop you from using a pattern unlock underneath the slide unlock does it?

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
REARless;1007933 "No Lock" in the market[/QUOTE said:
PERFECT!!!! Wow. I can't believed I lived without this for so long. I HATE the lock screen. Now it is gone and I can use any button to make it wake up. As I never put my phone in my pocket, this is perfect. Thanks!

Bear in NM

Reaction score
Big,

Be sure to note that No Lock also has widget in the event that you want to be able to quickly turn the feature on and off.

Craig

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Just tried this and it eliminates my Pattern unlock as well. The only thing I want to eliminate is the initial slide to unlock step.

OP
P

PaulQ

Reaction score
"No Lock" is cool but unfortunately it disables the pattern lock or code entry screen as well. I was hoping to be able to just disable to initial slide lock.

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
"No Lock" is cool but unfortunately it disables the pattern lock or code entry screen as well. I was hoping to be able to just disable to initial slide lock.

At least one of the custom roms (Ultimate Droid 1.0.0 and I think maybe ShadowRom) have a feature in Settings that let you choose another button to unlock the phone. It's a "rom feature" rather than an apk, and to my knowledge doesn't interfere with the pattern lock.

-Mike

dcook12

Reaction score

This is on and slightly off topic....I don't know how to get off the slide lock when I wake it up, but I find it annoying when someone calls and you have to slide the unlock and then either accept or decline the call. I downloaded Easy Answer that someone suggested here and when you get a call, it skips the slide unlock and just says answer or decline...so that's a way around the slide for answering a call, but not for just waking it up and using it. It's cool tho....By the time I used to slide..and it always took a few times if you are using one hand....I missed a few calls.