Can Someone Please Help...

heidiklinden

Reaction score
Yes, I'm a Smartphone virgin, so bare with me lol

A couple weeks ago I got a Samsung Startosphere Galaxy S. Love the phone...BUT have had nothing but issues with the battery refusing tocharge. So, Took me 4 days and a lot of time at Radio Shack, but, got a new phone.

I did what they told me, let the battery die down last night when I got it, then about 9pm started to let it fully charge. Here it is, 19 hours later, and its STILL not at 100%. It seems to stay at almost full, but doesnt get there completely. I am not using it at all, so, WHAT IS UP? Is it me? lol Am I missing something? Doing something wrong? Could it be the charger? They didnt swap chargers when I got the new phone- I kept the one from the first phone. Any suggestions, information, etc... would be so appreciated.
Want to start using this phone but doesnt seem its working out real well for me. Thank-you thank you thank you in adavance :)

Heidi , WI

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Heidi, sorry radio shack steered you wrong. Here's what u need to do to get u fixed up, hopefully....
1. NEVER let your battery die completely. Major harm done? No, but doing so regularly shortens battery life. It also puts you at the possibility of depleting the battery beyond a limit where it won't charge.
2. Let's get your meter calibrated to your battery. These batteries do not need training regardless of what you hear.....that's 90's technology. We calibrate the meter so that it reads the actual battery capacity. Kinda like your fuel gauge reading full when your tank is full and empty when it's empty.
A) turn your phone off at any point in time.
B) charge with the factory charger to 100% ( about 4-5 hours oughta do it)
C) use normally until the "low battery" warning (not familiar with your phone, but it should he about 10-15%)
D) turn the phone off again and charge back up to 100% while off.

There you go...this should calibrate the meter to the battery. All of this info comes from FoxKat, our resident battery whisperer/healer. :)
I've researched his sources and they are solid. He knows what he's talking about. As a matter of fact, go to the battery sub forum and read his posts....interesting reading.

By the way....welcome to the forum and let us know how it turns out. If this didn't help then someone will come along eventually to hook you up. Good luck!

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
While I'm at it......
Repeat this procedure about every 2-3 months.

These batteries prefer short, regular charges throughout the day as opposed to constant draining to 10% with recharge to 100%. I keep mine happily floating between about 40% and 80%. I charge about 3 times per day. This actually prolongs battery life (of importance to me be cause my phone's battery is non-removable). Once again...I'm not going all anecdotal on you. This is published information that FoxKat uses for his awesome battery.... let's call them "debates". :)

Never let the phone get wet

Always look both ways before crossing the street

Avoid alien abductions at all costs

That should about cover it.