can I use this image as my wallpaper without cropping it?

OP
V

velocity92c

Reaction score
I found it on this website listed as a wallpaper for droids. My blackberry would automatically fit any image to the screen. I have a hard time believing that such a smart phone wouldn't be able to do this.

OP
V

velocity92c

Reaction score
Speeding, thanks for the tip, however the image became very blurry when I set it through PS. If anything, it should be much clearer when reduced since it's such a large resolution to begin with. I'm stumped.

JayCizzo

Reaction score
You need to resize it as mentioned several times previously. Than when you go to set it as wallpaper you will be able to crop it to select the entire photo.

As far as your Blackberry, did it have 3-7 screens to incorporate on to a wallpaper? I've never used a Blackberry but I'm going to guess no.

OP
V

velocity92c

Reaction score
I don't understand why an image listed for use with droids as a wallpaper would have to be resized, but I digress..

I also don't think you all quite understand what I meant in the OP. this obviously isn't going to happen so if a mod could please lock this thread I'd appreciate it.

JayCizzo

Reaction score
I don't understand why an image listed for use with droids as a wallpaper would have to be resized, but I digress..

I also don't think you all quite understand what I meant in the OP. this obviously isn't going to happen so if a mod could please lock this thread I'd appreciate it.

No we understand. We're trying to show you a way to get the wallpaper to display correctly. The aspect ratio needs to be 960X854. The aspect ratio on your picture is 1536X960. You want a way to stretch/distort the picture. There is no way to do this that I know of.

The picture is listed in Droidforums.net Gallery. That is hardly official. Pretty sure anyone could throw a pic up there.

I resized the pic for you. Please try it out and see if it meets your needs.

View attachment 7388

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Speeding, thanks for the tip, however the image became very blurry when I set it through PS. If anything, it should be much clearer when reduced since it's such a large resolution to begin with. I'm stumped.
Not necessarily. It's very easy to overcompress or to use a resizing algorithm that's less than optimal.

You want a way to stretch/distort the picture. There is no way to do this that I know of.
I don't know of any solutions on the Droid itself but there are plenty of image editing apps that can squash the image if that's what's desired.

Big Cam

Reaction score
In the future if you navigate to that picture in your phones browser, save it to your card, then go view it, you can set it to your wallpaper without cropping it.

You do realize you can adjust the crop box by dragging it right? You can just drag it bigger to essentiall crop nothing.

snappingfish

Reaction score
how to

What do you want?

You want to put that image on our screen, right?

download almost ANY pic edit program on your PC. Like HP Image Edit. Then open the pic with that program, and click on image, then resize. Then resize the pixel fields to about 900 X 854.

If you want that pic, that's how you might get it to work!

JayCizzo

Reaction score

What do you want?

You want to put that image on our screen, right?

download almost ANY pic edit program on your PC. Like HP Image Edit. Then open the pic with that program, and click on image, then resize. Then resize the pixel fields to about 900 X 854.

If you want that pic, that's how you might get it to work!

I already did all that for him (it's 960 x 854 BTW). I think he'd rather just complain that it doesn't work they way he thinks it should.