Can anyone help?

Sand_dee_01

Reaction score
Hi everyone !

A silly question for anyone who knows or can help. I have a old driod that was working and used as a alarm clock. But it suddenly went blank . It says it's charging and sometimes it shows the driod main screen then again goes blank. Does anyone know how or where it can be fixed I have some old photo's I just wanted to get. I was told it would take hundreds to fix but I'm hoping someone somewhere knows or can fix for not hundreds but a reasonable amount.

Thanks so much,

Sandy

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Hello Sandy. We might be able to help. Which exact old Droid do you have? The original Motorola Droid with the slide out keyboard? Or a later model Droid without a slide out keyboard? Do you happen to know the Model number?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
S

Sand_dee_01

Reaction score
Hi Yes it's A855 I think I found that under the battery . They got to turn on again but it now says no pictures no sd card. I think they lost my sd card cause there were pictures on it. They said they think it's the on off switch but they aren't familiar with this phone because it's so old. .

Do you work on these phones?

Sandy

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I owned one for a while back in 2010 - 11, but have never disassembled one or repaired one. When you say "they" I assume you mean a repair shop? Can you put the SD Card in a computer and see any of the files on it? It's possible that the phone corrupted the card during a failed boot up cycle? If you just want the phone as a night clock as you mentioned it would be cheaper to buy a used one that pay a repair shop to fix that one. If you are trying to recover pictures then a computer or other device might be needed to see if you can see the pics on the card.

OP
S

Sand_dee_01

Reaction score
Hi,
I took it to a repair shop yes. It had pictures on it which I assume there was a SD card but after it had turned back on it says to put one in so I think they took it out and either forgot to put it back cause now it says no sd card, never said that before. So unless the phone was holding the pictures in it's memory and as it shut down erased them or my sd card is sitting someone in the store . I did ask them to look around cause there was one in it. I know I just thought someone might be able to check the phone out and see if it was repairable but it seems no one works on this older phone. without it costing in the hundreds of dollars. :(

Sandy

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
no sd card no pictures. you should at least get a free repair out of this if the repair shop lost the sd card ;-) The thing is, there is no way anyone here would know how much it would cost to fix your phone because we do not have the phone in hand to check it out. Most likely it would cost way more than the phone is worth.

I am, not familiar with the phone and if it is only a display problem, you might be able to plug the phone into your computer and see if there are any pictures in the phones own storage using windows explorer.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
If you had a SD card in it when you gave it to the repair shop you should definitely talk to the store manager and explain the situation. Hopefully they are a reputable shop and it was a simple mistake.

As far as the phone, try holding the power button down and don't let go for 15 seconds to a minute and see if you can force a reboot.

If there are no pictures on the phone itself, there's not much to do about that.

I personally wouldn't spend any money to repair a Droid phone that is > 8 years old. You could buy a decent used one for much less than repair costs.

Hopefully you can get your SD card back from the shop and recover your pictures.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
OK, too many things at once here. Sandy.....you said the phone does turn on and off successfully now? If so disregard the last two posts and don't worry about a force reboot or the bootloader menu.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
first post says it turns on then goes blank. however, if the phone is turning on now and able to run as normal, then yes, disregard my two posts.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Post # 5 says "it turned back on..."

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Sandy, if you can...please confirm there were two things going on here.

1.). The phone was not turning on?

2.) You have pictures on the phone and / or SD card you would like to save?

Is that correct? And from what you posted an hour or so ago, issue 1 is now good and the phone is turning on?

OP
S

Sand_dee_01

Reaction score
Hi, Yes after I went to pickup the phone from the repair shop he said couldn't get it to turn on which made him think it was the mother board and he had no idea about how to fix it since it was so old and if he did it would cost more than it's worth. Then he said he went back to it and it was on. but no pictures where there. We turned it off several times and it came back on each time just asking for the SD card which it never did before so I'm thinking they must of taken it out and misplaced it which he said they put it on a paper near the phone. Do these phones save pictures another way besides a sd card? Pretty sure its a no win situation for me on getting it to work as it used to . Yeah I know silly me gets sad saying good bye to it as it was my 1st smart phone.
Sandy

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Those phones had options where to save pics, either internal memory or external memory (SD Card). If you selected SD card then all the pics were saved there, and not internal memory. Hopefully they can find the SD card they took out of your phone