Can anyone help

DroidX2FreAk

Reaction score
I currently own a Droid x2 but i was thinking about switching over to a DROID 3. However, im reading that verizon has said that they will discontinue the Droid 3 along with some 4 hot spots and other phones etc. Does this mean that the Droid 3 has lost support also? No ics?

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

OP
D

DroidX2FreAk

Reaction score
4g hot spots sorry for the typo

doogald

Reaction score
Motorola has not added the Droid 3 to the list of devices getting ICS - only the Bionic, the Razr and Razr Maxx, and the Droid 4 are definite ICS upgrades on Verizon at the moment. It's still possible that the D3 will be added to the official list, but it has not yet.

The Devil's Advocate in me asks this: what exactly will a MotoBlured ICS on the Droid 3 give you that you do not get from Gingerbread? There are only two things that I can think of: better support of dual core processors, and perhaps the almost real-time voice recognition. What else will ICS add?

As for will the Droid 3 lose support when it is de-listed, I'll remind you that the OG Droid just received a security update a few months ago, the Droid x and D2 received Gingerbread updates after they were no longer being sold. I do not think that the D3 will stop being supported.

OP
D

DroidX2FreAk

Reaction score
Well said...thanks 4 clearing it up

Alcapwn89

Reaction score
Haha, I switched from an X2 to a Droid 3. May I ask what is making you switch? Just curious if you were having the same problems I was with the phone :p

OP
D

DroidX2FreAk

Reaction score
Haha, I switched from an X2 to a Droid 3. May I ask what is making you switch? Just curious if you were having the same problems I was with the phone :p

Freezing, music skips, sudden reboots and so on...sadly i call Verizon and they said they could send me a replacement X2 and could not send me a D3 :3

spunker88

Reaction score
The Devil's Advocate in me asks this: what exactly will a MotoBlured ICS on the Droid 3 give you that you do not get from Gingerbread? There are only two things that I can think of: better support of dual core processors, and perhaps the almost real-time voice recognition. What else will ICS add?

Support for newer apps mostly. Granted it will take some time to get most users to ICS, but having ICS will ensure you can run the latest and greatest apps. For example Google just released a beta of Chrome but its for ICS only. If they are going to make ICS for the Bionic it won't be that much more effort for them to get it on the D3, since hardware wise they are very similar. Luckily Hashcode is doing a great job making an unofficial ICS ROM, but if Motorola never gives us ICS, then this will be the last device I own from them.

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
What boggles my mind about the bionic getting ICS and not the d3(at this pointing time) is the fact that the d3 system is SOOOO close to the bionic and they would have to only change a hand full of files to make their bionic ICS work on the d3. A days work IMO at most for the moto/vzw devs.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

arparaspolo

Reaction score
I had the x and the x2 and now d3. I think I like the x2 the best out of all of them. I find myself using the touch screen keyboard 8 times out of ten. And the camera is better and most of the bugs are worked out. The d3 doesn't bring much more to the table. If you need the physical qwerty then get the d3 if not, get the x2. Neither will likely have ics and even if they do get it, it'll be months and months from now and will most likely be watered down due to the specs. And it will just bring more bugs and hassles into you're life. If you want ics I'd go with a newer more powerful phone. But this is all just my opinion. Hope it helps.