Can an Update.zip be installed through ADB Shell?

nateccnn

Reaction score
I am having a heck of a time getting SPRecovery to install or backup from SDCard. Keeps exiting with ststus 31. I have reformmated the card several times using the droid so that is not the problem. Sometimes it works after attempting it 10 to 15 times...all of a sudden the darned thing works. Can't find a logical explanation as to why.

I have no problem mounting the device through ADB Shell so I was thinking maybe I could just install from there and forget about this whole SPRecovery issue.

Can someone give me a command line syntax or point me to a guide that shows the commands I need?

Nate

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
well error 31 is

31 - Sdcard has become corrupt. .

have you tried formatting the card from a PC???

if you don't have the adapter to plug it into a card reader you can just keep the sd in the phone then mount it to a PC open windows explorer right click on the removable drive and choose format.

all of this is assuming you have a windows machine... the instructions are slightly different for mac and linux.

after you do this the phone may ask you to format the card again... let it do so and you should be golden.

if this does not work your card is most likely F***ed.

OP
N

nateccnn

Reaction score
well error 31 is

31 - Sdcard has become corrupt. .

have you tried formatting the card from a PC???

if you don't have the adapter to plug it into a card reader you can just keep the sd in the phone then mount it to a PC open windows explorer right click on the removable drive and choose format.

all of this is assuming you have a windows machine... the instructions are slightly different for mac and linux.

after you do this the phone may ask you to format the card again... let it do so and you should be golden.

if this does not work your card is most likely F***ed.

I formatted it with the PC...I reformatted it with the Droid. I formatted with a card reader and I formatted with it plugged into USB. I have used three different cards. I really don't think this is a card or format issue. But thanks.

What I really want is a a way to install the update.zip other than SPRecovery.?

Nate

Last edited:
OP
N

nateccnn

Reaction score
OP
N

nateccnn

Reaction score
Fastboot.exe seems to be the answer. Now another tool to learn. This droid thing is getting tiring. LOL

Nate