ADB and calendar install questions

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by Dante2011, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Dante2011

Dante2011 New Member

Okay, So i was trying to get my calendar to work differently and I uninstalled it completely. I did this with a rooted phone and titanium backup. Now I need to reinstall it and I am looking for the best way. From what I understand the best way is to use ADB and reinstall. I have the calendarprovider.apk and the calendar.apk I just cannot get it back on the phone.

I can get into ADP command shell and my understanding is that the command is adp install (then some kind of path) calendarprovider.apk.

The problem is, is that i have an example of the command line and the adp shell keeps giving me the error "cannot find c:\downloads\calendar.apk to install"

I am thinking it is the syntax with the shell i am missing....

So, my calendar.apk and provider.apk for my system are here. c:\downloads\calendar\calendar.apk can someone give me the exact typing (syntax) of what i need to type in the shell to install this thing?

Thanks
  2. CJM

CJM Developer Relations Staff Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

This link may help with ADB if I'm wrong about the commands: Android Debug Bridge | Android Developers

1st off, I'd put the calendar.apk in the same folder as ADB. So, for this example, I have mine in C:\SDK\tools. Then I would "cd" to that folder, like this;

cd C:\SDK\tools

Then I'd install it like this;

adb push calendar.apk /system/app/calendar.apk
    (there's a space between .apk & /system..)

If you get an error saying you can not write there, then type this before you push it again;

adb remount

This is how I install .apk's to my phone. Hope this helps.

BTW, If you know of a theme for your phone that you can flash through recovery, you can modify it to flash just those .apk's.
  3. Dante2011

Dante2011 New Member

okay i got it. the trouble was that I was attempting the install from within the Shell command. I am not supposed to do that. it is just from a standard c: prompt.. then the adb install command.

New trouble though. the calendar apk I have is outdated. At least that is my assumption. I am getting a user intereference error.

Does anyone have the stock calendar.apk for the bionic?
Search tags for this page

android calendar reinstall

calendar .apk installer
calendar provider apk not installed
calendar.apk
calendarprovider.apk for droid bionic

how to install calendar apk

how to install calendarprovider.apk