Can a Verizon Droid Razr be switched for Straight Talk use

mjtink

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new, and I'm dumb. I absolutely don't know much about phones and their capabilities. I would love to know in dummy terms whether a verizon Droid RAZR can be "unlocked" or whatever for use on the Straight Talk Plan? Maybe, I'm not that dumb... because I did know where to come to ask...;)
Thanks

Lolee71

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new, and I'm dumb. I absolutely don't know much about phones and their capabilities. I would love to know in dummy terms whether a verizon Droid RAZR can be "unlocked" or whatever for use on the Straight Talk Plan? Maybe, I'm not that dumb... because I did know where to come to ask...;)
Thanks

I may be wrong but I don't think a verizon phone can be used on straight talk service. Verizon phones do not have sim cards and straight talk does.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Droid Forums

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
The 4g chip isn't a sum card? I don't know your answer but I know I saw someone else ask about it recently. And I defiantly wouldn't mind finding out.
Also they have two different sizes. The older 4g that went into say the bionic or charge. And the new one that goes into the RAZR series.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

diablo81588

Reaction score
The RAZR is a global phone, so you COULD use it, but the data speed would be slow since it doesn't support HSPA+. You would just replace the Verizon LTE sim card with the one from straight talk.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2