Camera Questions

darylkris

Reaction score
Hi, just wanted to say that I switched from Liberty 0.9 to CM just a few nights ago. While I love CM, the thing I really miss from Liberty was the blur camera and it's panoramic shots. Does anyone know of an app that can take panoramic shots just as well as the blur camera? or at least somewhere close?

Dream

Reaction score
You can probably load the Blur apk? Ill try it and post back...

Dream

Reaction score
Well it installed, but I dont see it anywhere. Oh well.

I cant even take a pic right now with the stock camera with CM. It takes the pic, then the camera freezes and does not save the picture. I have to exit out and go back in for it to un-freeze.

Dream

Reaction score
Update: I didn't load the camera fix zip, figured it was included with the newer nightlies, guess not. Camera works now...

James_W

Reaction score
Hi, just wanted to say that I switched from Liberty 0.9 to CM just a few nights ago. While I love CM, the thing I really miss from Liberty was the blur camera and it's panoramic shots. Does anyone know of an app that can take panoramic shots just as well as the blur camera? or at least somewhere close?

Here's a link to the search in the Market:
https://market.android.com/search?q=panoramic+camera&so=1&c=apps
I haven't tried any yet as I didn't realize the Camera in CM7 didn't take Panoramic pictures. Let us know what you find.

jainer123

Reaction score
Blur Camera Option?

Beyond the specific taking of panoramic photos, I really thought the Blur Camera was the only great part about the moto roms...

Dream, you said you didn't see it after installing, was that before or after installing the fix? I wonder if that makes a difference? Also, i tried installing the MIUI camera using the apk because i didn't want it to mess with the shortcuts, and lo and behold it did...did you try hitting whatever camera app and seeing if it changed?

Has anyone else tried loading the blur camera apk and gotten it to work? That's literally the only thing holding me back.

OR, in the alternative, does anyone have any recs as to camera apps that are similar or better? i've searched, but really don't know...haha.

Thanks for being awesome, everyone!

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
The free version of Vignette sucks. I have tried loading the Blur Camera app on my phone, but it won't work.

I am not sure of a good camera app, so if someone knows one, I'd like to know also.

rayne58

Reaction score
yeah same here I would like to know if there is anyway to get a better camera app or make the blur one work.

OP
D

darylkris

Reaction score
i tried most, if not all, the apps on the market that claim to do panoramic shots. none of them really compare to the blur camera. it's kind of funny, out of all the things moto did wrong, they got the camera completely right. i wish android devs would follow suit and at least try to push out a camera app update that matched the functionality.

cron912

Reaction score
Someone mentioned that lgCamera is similar to the Blur camera. Haven't tried it myself, yet.

cron912

Reaction score
The LG camera, atleast on the Ally, is more like the AOSP camera.

CM74DX

There is a camera app on the Market called lgCamera that, as far as I know, is not associated with the company LG or LG's Android phones.