Camera malfunction?

drunkclever

Reaction score
Heres a quick run down of what I happened...
3pm... very sunny day at the park taking pictures of family and friends.. pictures csme out perfect.
4pm.. more pics at the park same out come.

fast forward to 7:eek:opm
Groom sings a song to his wife. I record it at 1080p. Low light conditions camera is consistently focusing. I taped the screen to see if it would help. A icon came on I think it had a "A" in the middle.
Since then all my pictures have been out of focus.... in any kind of light. there is no definition in the edges of any objects. I have a icon on the bottom right of a half moon with a star above it and a hand with lines underneather it.

I installed the google camera not so long ago

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Sorry I can't be of any assistance on this one, I haven't experienced this problem. (knock on wood)
I use the stock camera though. I tried a number of camera apps on the Play Store when I first got my S5, but didn't notice any improvements over stock. Have you downloaded the various "modes" that Samsung offers? They made a significant difference for action shots (sport mode) , adding sound clips to regular pics, shooting 5 second gifs, etc. I know that doesn't help your current situation, but the overall improvements they provide are amazing.
Have you tried clearing your cameras cache? Are you on the latest 4.4.4 update?
Hang in there, hopefully someone will be able to offer some assistance.

tap'n on my S5

OP
D

drunkclever

Reaction score
Nope, im on 4.4.2... but I am rooted and stock. I froze a few apps with TBP... maybe I should unfreeze and update. I just need to figure out what exactly that do to my phone. Cause I like having root... but eh. Idk.

I want yo bring it to best buy and show them to ask them what they think.

I did download a Google camera that sphere in it... its awesome. I didnt know samsung had other stuff out there for cameras. Ty.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Nope, im on 4.4.2... but I am rooted and stock. I froze a few apps with TBP... maybe I should unfreeze and update. I just need to figure out what exactly that do to my phone. Cause I like having root... but eh. Idk.

I want yo bring it to best buy and show them to ask them what they think.

I did download a Google camera that sphere in it... its awesome. I didnt know samsung had other stuff out there for cameras. Ty.
So you're having this issue with the Google Camera? You need to enter the settings and check them. I forget how to access them, but you may have changed the mode when you tapped the screen to something that has a longer exposure or something. Long exposure=you have to hold the phone perfectly still for a longer time, because it is trying to let in more light for pics in dark surroundings, so it doesn't just snap the pic right away.

If you can't find the settings, let me know and I'll download it again. I used it for a while on my s4 with no issues, but decided that I didn't need the photo sphere feature and Samsung's camera gave me panoramas, which is better in my opinion anyway, along with lots of other fancy modes, as cr6 mentioned.

The easy thing to try is to use the Samsung camera for a while and see if you get better shots (if you are having the problem with the Google camera), because whatever you changed in the Google camera won't be changed in Samsung's.

Also, kind of silly to even bring up, but make sure you don't have a fingerprint or something smudging the lens of the camera. I often wipe mine clean with my tshirt before shooting any pics, because I know I accidentally brush it with my finger during the day and it doesn't take much to make a difference on that tiny little aperture.