camera focus

alboboy10

Reaction score
When I went to the verizon store, a feature was turned on on the phone where if u focused on the pic by clicking on the object on the screen, u could shake ur hand around and the pic would still be taken perfectly clear. On my current phone I've played around with the settings, and the touch screen buttons on the right side of the screen when the camera is enabled but idk how to turn that feature on. Does anybody know how to?

jtdiddy

Reaction score
Is this the steady shot mode?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

scarmack

Reaction score
shake your hand? as in? normal hand shake or physically moving your hand trying to get blur? if your hands shake that bad you need a tripod not a feature

swartz23

Reaction score
open your camera.
hit the menu button
Settings
disable face detection.
your square will be on your screen again. drag that around to use selective focus.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Check out the camera settings. One of the "scenes" or whatever they're called is steadycam.

Incidentally, Vignette from the market is pretty cool and might even take better pictures. There's a free version that works great.

OP
alboboy10

alboboy10

Reaction score
I just disabled the face detection feature, and now can focus better I think.

OP
alboboy10

alboboy10

Reaction score
shake your hand? as in? normal hand shake or physically moving your hand trying to get blur? if your hands shake that bad you need a tripod not a feature

No I don't have arthritis lol it's just that at the Verizon store when I played with the phone I noticed there was this feature on the phone where no matter how wildly I shook my hands and tried to distort the image, as long as I focused on the picture BEFORE I took it, the picture came out perfectly clear with no blur whatsover.

Tried my camera earlier today, and put the pics on facebook (pics usually lose their quality when you put them online) but this time they came out amazing. This phone takes great pics.

AtrusNex

Reaction score
It could have just been the shot in the Verizon store was in a much higher light setting, meaning the camera had a shorter exposure time and less blur. Motorola phone have always tended to have camera sensors that do well in high light but pretty poorly in low light.