Camera Fix

darkmatter

Reaction score
So, I downloaded Camera360 pro to test something, since I couldn't find the settings in the stock camera.

Here is the standard blue hue that everyone is complaining about, set on Auto.

C360_2011-07-18_20-50-04.jpg

and here, I've set it to adjust for flourescent lighting.

C360_2011-07-18_20-50-18.jpg

So, either you need to download a camera app with these settings, or wait for moto to fix their camera with the proper settings.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
First of all, we have the same TV.

Second, thank you for the app. Works good. Don't know why stock has the blue on it.. hopefully it's fixed soon.

socalsx

Reaction score
Awesome find! I just don't understand the blue hue? Maybe it comes with the blur LOL

TyrantII

Reaction score
Yup, the LED light puts out a very cool color temperature. The Droids white balance seems to be set up for direct sunlight (or the auto just doesn't work). Apparently there are no options in the default app.

Changing the WB to florescent when indoors and using the flash is key. Just make sure to set it back to sunlight / outdoors after though. Unfortunately with JPG's, WB is burned into the photo and can not be changed after the fact, as it be a easy post processing process.

I've also noticed that in high contrast photo's moto's cameras tend to overexpose, washing out colors. Solution is to put more of the light area (such as the sky / bright oobjects) into the camera and use that to set the exposure / focus.

AZDroid09

Reaction score
I have experienced the overwhelming blue outdoors as well

Attachments

• 2011-07-16_11-33-50_324 blue nountains.jpg
    2011-07-16_11-33-50_324 blue nountains.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 375

apotheosis415

Reaction score
green screen?

Anyone notice a green screen when switching from an app to home? Mainly the camera back to home. I get that bright green, graphics screw up often. And wondering if it is worth getting a new one shipped out or just hoping for an OTA update fix.

AZDroid09

Reaction score
Anyone notice a green screen when switching from an app to home? Mainly the camera back to home. I get that bright green, graphics screw up often. And wondering if it is worth getting a new one shipped out or just hoping for an OTA update fix.

I have never seen that on mine, you using the stock home/launcher or one from the Market?

jetnc

Reaction score
Glad I saw this, it was driving me mad today at work. I was trying to take a picture of a component in an electrical cabinet and it kept coming out freaking blue! I took a video of it though and it wasn't blue. It looked normal, like the picture should have. So it is definitely a software problem. One more thing, try the display facing camera, it doesn't do a blue shot, it looks normal......

Then on the way home I stopped in a shady area and messed with it some more. I pointed the camera down a heavily shaded road, then took a pic, it was tinted blue. I then adjusted the brightness setting and I could make it look better, but it was grainy. If I focused on something close I could get a fairly "normal" picture, if I used the zoom I could also get a fairly "normal" picture. But when I tried to take a picture just looking down to the end of the road it was blue again.

This evening I messed around with it in my hotel some more. I found that if I set the camera to "Sunset" I could get a decent picture with good color, no blue. But the exposure time is longer so you have to hold the phone steady for a bit. Tomorrow, I'm going to try and recreate the shots I was taking today that were blue, but I think that Sunset mode is going to fix the problem for shots like this.

I think it has something to do with the light sensor on the upper right of the display. I have a feeling it's being used for the camera on the back, but not in video mode and not with the front display camera mode.

spruleme

Reaction score
Check out "Fast Burst Camera" in the market paid app, it has a fast capture, iphone-ish like capture speed. Only problem with all of these similar fast capture apps is the low resolution on the captured image. Though this one can capture at 1920x1080, after your configure it in the settings. Woot! Never miss another frame again.

StainlessSteelRat

Reaction score
Well dark matter and Benland, if that is a 55" Vizio LCD then I have the same TV as well.

Gonna go check out that camera app. Thx for the tip.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

OP
darkmatter

darkmatter

Reaction score
Sunset mode is the fix. No more blue tint in low light conditions!

Except you can't use flash. Most pics seem to turn out ok without flash anyway.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

TyrantII

Reaction score
Sunset mode is the fix. No more blue tint in low light conditions!

Not a fix, just another work around. Sunset probably forces a faster shutter speed and a warm WB.

It's a software issue with the auto WB, hopefully it'll be fixed with the other updates moto plans for the camera.