Camera Fix and it works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I'm not sure about you guys, but I'm getting the green corners on my phone now too (I never got it before!) and am very excited about the quick fix. But when trying to use either ShopSavvy or Barcode Scanner it still won't focus in on the barcode to take the pic, it keeps focusing in and out. Does there need to be updates for the apps too?? Anyone else having this problem?

mitchb2

Reaction score
But when trying to use either ShopSavvy or Barcode Scanner it still won't focus in on the barcode to take the pic, it keeps focusing in and out.

I'm having the same problems, BUT Keyring works great.
It scans almost instantly, so I'm thinking it may be the apps.

Reaction score
But when trying to use either ShopSavvy or Barcode Scanner it still won't focus in on the barcode to take the pic, it keeps focusing in and out.

I'm having the same problems, BUT Keyring works great.
It scans almost instantly, so I'm thinking it may be the apps.
Nvm, there were updates for the apps available and now it works great! I was able to scan my first barcode! Gotta love Moto and Verizon for the quick updates!

windstrings

Reaction score
I would like to get to the bottom of this whole thing.

I hope today that we get the answer if a "silent update" was in fact pushed out.

I'm not ready to go with either just yet.

No firmware, baseband, kernel or build numbers changed in the about screen.

Previous and current:

Firmware: 2.0

Baseband: C_01.3B.01P

Kernel: 2.6.29-omap1-g04df51f
android-build@apa26 #477

Build: ESD20

Thats exactly what I have!.... Man... Cereal Killer, you started a wildfire!

This thread grows faster than I can read it..... I keep finding rabbit trails and can never get to the end!

brianr0131

Reaction score
There has definitely been a secret update IMO. I also noticed that the Exchange email now supports multi select by using check marks like the Gmail always did. Unless I am nuts this is absolutely new. I remember as recently as yesterday being frustrated that I had to individually open each email to "mark it as read". Thoughts?

windstrings

Reaction score
I just set my date back to a week ago and the camera couldn't focus to save it's life. Put the date back to today and have green corners almost every time. Looks like that was the culprit.

OMG!..... I would have never believed it until I tried... I too set my date back one week "turn off auto to get access" and took a picture of my keyboard... none of the pictures would focus... turned the date back and they all focus!!!

What the heck is this a practicle game virus done by some interoffice geek at Google to prove a point?

Thats the craziest thing I've ever heard!

Why can't they fix it completely "now" and upload that to our phone... if this is true, there may have been no upload patch at all... just a virus running its programmed course.

mavfan

Reaction score
Works for me

So they can come in overnight and update my phone? I'm officially freaked out! :)

karaberry

Reaction score
According to ShopSavvy developers, Motorola did an OTA push last night (and now the application works perfectly, I can vouch for that...)

"Alexander Muse, Official Rep, replied 3 hours ago
ShopSavvy's barcode scanning is now 100% on the Droid!

Verizon did a OTA push last night to fix the camera yesterday and everything seems to be working great with ShopSavvy now. Try your phone out today and you will see it works every bit as good as the G1 or MyTouch. Thanks Verizon - the Droid rocks!"The barcode scanner has a hard time on the droid phone

Zenmervolt

Reaction score
if this is true, there may have been no upload patch at all... just a virus running its programmed course.

A virus is a hell of a lot different from a coding error. The problem with the camera is a software bug, not a virus.

While it sounds like there is indeed a fix for the bug out there, Verizon and Motorola are grouping several fixes together in one update on 11 December rather than pushing a dozen separate updates. This is pretty standard practice.

mikera67

Reaction score
Found out what's going on. Its a 24.5 hour timestamp issue. When it started working yesterday. In24.5 hours it will be bad again. A fix is in the works. Got this from Motorola via a buddy in mobile security

mikera67

Reaction score
Correction, its a 24.5 DAY cycle error. I havent tried to set the date back a few days either, it wasn't mentioned if that would "fix" the auto focus error the droid has or not, but we are good for about a month, and motorola thinks a fix will be out before then.

I was told its a rounding error bug in the camera's driver autofocus routine(which uses a timestamp) that causes autofocus to behave poorly.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.