Camera and camcorder fuzziness?

OP
dolfanpete

dolfanpete

Reaction score
Why would he do that or should he do that even? I mean this is a 600$ phone it should take nice enough pics.....

Unlike a stand-alone camera, it's got a tiny lens; I think we're stuck with grainy pictures unless the lighting is just right. Size of file seems to matter less than quality of lens here. Can't expect SLR quality from a camera-phone

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

you can if you use your Wife's Fascinate.

the5barrons

Reaction score
I'm not expecting 3000$ camera quality. Just good quality not crap. My other d1 and my sons d2 have much better quality.

I apologize ahead of time....

If you expect your phone to take top quality pics, all the time, and tremendous video...you're kidding yourself. Granted, these items and functions are touted and sold as premium points for buying the phone. Which I hate.

For the most part, given the right conditions, it will take a decent picture or video worthy of playing at your birthday or funeral.

If you want great photographs all the time, go buy a camera. If you want HD video that you could produce movies from, go buy a HD Camcorder. It's not like they make camera and camcorders with crappy phone function...but I guess everyone would ***** about it if they did.

All points aside, I'd love for the camera and video to be flawless, it's not. That said, I'm completely satisfied with what it does.

All (95%) of my DX's pics and video are fine quality. I also don't ask the DX to take pics that it just plain and simple, can't. Low light, odd sun angle, high speed, etc...stuff that it's just not set to automatically do without some pretty good manipulation. To say that it sucks, is also not accurate. Like crappy battery settings, my bet is that you can point just as much, of not more, blame on the user, incorrect settings, and awkward and unusual picture circumstances before the phone itself.

AND...if I'm going somewhere that is going to require something that really truly needs a "camera", graduations, parties, etc... I bring a camera. Not a $3000 camera...a $200 camera nowadays does pretty darn good.

Just sayin'

DroidedMoto

Reaction score
I've found that using a 3rd party camera app, Viginette, helps tremendously, while it has many functions I will never use it definitely allows you more control over the quality of picture your phone captures and you can save the presets for future use depending on the lighting conditions. It takes a little bit of tweaking in the beginning but you will end up with a better quality photo. Personally mine set on 3.1mp takes just as clear of photo and does not take up near the memory.

DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
dolfanpete

dolfanpete

Reaction score
You are not making ANY valid points at all. I'm not trying to or making any type of professional pics. Lots of light great pics conditions. Pictures of my sons posing. And everything on AUTO.. And again, the pics look grainy, not good at all. Tested it with taking a pic with my sons d2 and its was MUCH better...

Something is wrong..

Just sayin

I'm not expecting 3000$ camera quality. Just good quality not crap. My other d1 and my sons d2 have much better quality.

I apologize ahead of time....

If you expect your phone to take top quality pics, all the time, and tremendous video...you're kidding yourself. Granted, these items and functions are touted and sold as premium points for buying the phone. Which I hate.

For the most part, given the right conditions, it will take a decent picture or video worthy of playing at your birthday or funeral.

If you want great photographs all the time, go buy a camera. If you want HD video that you could produce movies from, go buy a HD Camcorder. It's not like they make camera and camcorders with crappy phone function...but I guess everyone would ***** about it if they did.

All points aside, I'd love for the camera and video to be flawless, it's not. That said, I'm completely satisfied with what it does.

All (95%) of my DX's pics and video are fine quality. I also don't ask the DX to take pics that it just plain and simple, can't. Low light, odd sun angle, high speed, etc...stuff that it's just not set to automatically do without some pretty good manipulation. To say that it sucks, is also not accurate. Like crappy battery settings, my bet is that you can point just as much, of not more, blame on the user, incorrect settings, and awkward and unusual picture circumstances before the phone itself.

AND...if I'm going somewhere that is going to require something that really truly needs a "camera", graduations, parties, etc... I bring a camera. Not a $3000 camera...a $200 camera nowadays does pretty darn good.

Just sayin'

the5barrons

Reaction score
You are not making ANY valid points at all. I'm not trying to or making any type of professional pics. Lots of light great pics conditions. Pictures of my sons posing. And everything on AUTO.. And again, the pics look grainy, not good at all. Tested it with taking a pic with my sons d2 and its was MUCH better...

Something is wrong..

Just sayin

Just sayin'

Makin' plenty of good points and obviously I've upset you. No going to apologize again because somehow you are offended. I don't care honestly how you somehow have grainy pics and video. Maybe your dx is broken? Replace it then.

Go back to your D1. Be happy with that camera instead.

OR

Get a replacement DX.

OP
dolfanpete

dolfanpete

Reaction score
I guess your right because you say so. I'm not offended BTW, just don't like to be accused of things such as you have pointed out. I'm here looking for help, I don't want to hear some guy suggesting to use another phone, I mean If that's your advice keep it to yourself. This forum is a great place for help and apparently there are other x owners out there with this problem that would like a fix for this too. So, do us a favor and keep your negativity away.....thanks

Something is wrong..

Just sayin

Just sayin'

Makin' plenty of good points and obviously I've upset you. No going to apologize again because somehow you are offended. I don't care honestly how you somehow have grainy pics and video. Maybe your dx is broken? Replace it then.

Go back to your D1. Be happy with that camera instead.

OR

Get a replacement DX.

OP
dolfanpete

dolfanpete

Reaction score
Thanks. Ill give this a try!

I've found that using a 3rd party camera app, Viginette, helps tremendously, while it has many functions I will never use it definitely allows you more control over the quality of picture your phone captures and you can save the presets for future use depending on the lighting conditions. It takes a little bit of tweaking in the beginning but you will end up with a better quality photo. Personally mine set on 3.1mp takes just as clear of photo and does not take up near the memory.

OP
dolfanpete

dolfanpete

Reaction score
Reaction score
My Droid X does the samething when taking picture. It used to take great pictures but then after the last OTA update it now takes crappy pictures. Yes I have played with the settings and the lighting conditions are good also. I used to love the camera in the phone and now I am dissapointed.

OP
dolfanpete

dolfanpete

Reaction score
Thank you . Yes exactly after updating and romming this happened as well. Just looking for advice on here . I'm thinking of just going back to another backup seeing if it fixes it. Rubix 1.95 could be the cause. There is some patches but there were all kind of warnings....little hesitate to try.

My Droid X does the samething when taking picture. It used to take great pictures but then after the last OTA update it now takes crappy pictures. Yes I have played with the settings and the lighting conditions are good also. I used to love the camera in the phone and now I am dissapointed.

OP
dolfanpete

dolfanpete

Reaction score
I gotta say, I downloaded the free demo of vignette and while looking through the lens it still grainy, but when I take the picture it was much, much clearer. So this is a start!

Thank you!

Thanks. Ill give this a try!

cnorm5623

Reaction score

1+ here. I have better luck with viginette app for pics. Better low light shots too.