Call/Text Vibration Notifications on Watch?

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
Note to Moderators: Please move this thread if this is not the most appropriate forum to put this in. I have a feeling it isn't.

So here's my situation:
  • I'm disabled, use a wheelchair and have a "fanny-pack"-like bag that hangs from my wheelchair under my seat.
  • I cannot hear my ringer in most environments I go to, which are normally loud. If I set my phone on a table next to me, that'd be a different story, but I don't (I'd forget it's there then lose it). I don't put it in my pants pockets either because it'll probably fall out without me noticing.
That said, I came up with the idea of connecting a Bluetooth watch which will vibrate when my phone receives Calls and Texts (only, not FB, E-mail or any other notifications). Does such a device exist? I'm on a DROID RAZR MAXX with JellyBean 4.1.2. I just need something that vibrates. I'm not interested in a speakerphone function.

yaterml

Reaction score
There is the Motorola active watch it syncs to your phone and runs the Droid OS, Sony and Apple have similar devices. You can check call, texts, emails, and Facebook via the watch.

OP
J

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
There is the Motorola active watch it syncs to your phone and runs the Droid OS, Sony and Apple have similar devices. You can check call, texts, emails, and Facebook via the watch.
Yikes, for $200 and $300? For 8GB and 16 GB of storage which I don't even need? I'd spend about $50 on something like this. Is there an alternative?

cybertj.2000

Reaction score
Yikes, for $200 and $300? For 8GB and 16 GB of storage which I don't even need? I'd spend about $50 on something like this. Is there an alternative?

Most Bluetooth headsets will ring in your ear if you want them too, some will even read texts aloud when you receive them.